How do you file a PIREP now that flight watch is gone?

Yes, ATC if you are talking to them, or FSS. I doubt many ever use FSS to give a PIREP unless they are contacting them for weather updates etc. But just like before except flight watch is no longer an option. 

Edited by kortopates

You can file PIREPs via Aerovie if you have Internet connectivity.

For those of us with inReach connectivity, we would be able to file immediately via satellite if Garmin would allow Aerovie to connect to inReach. FAA, NTSB, and NWS all want it.

If you have Garmin connections, please help push this to the top of Garmin's agenda.

Same way as you always did. If it was a PIREP you'd normally give to ATC, give it to ATC. If it's one you'd give to Flight Watch are of FSS, give it to FSS.

The only difference Flight Watch made was having a universal discrete frequency. It's a really nice difference but you still basically have that anyway with the universal FSS 122.2 (in most places, anyway). 

I'm pretty sure It's strictly a supply and demand thing. The Flight Watch arm of Flight Service was added because FSS frequencies were being overtaxed with enroute weather requests and reports. With so many pilots using EFBs with ADS-B weather, there's just been less use and I guess the FAA decided a dedicated frequency was no longer necessary.