O-360 #1 cylinder running cold

2 hours ago, M20F said:

What is your EGT peaking at 1481?

Mine routinely peaks 1500-1525, going by the little needle. It all depends on where the probe is placed in  the exhaust; move it a half inch, the value will change. That's why everyone says the absolute values don't matter, just distance from peak.

• Like 2

My #1 cylinder can get down to 246 in the winter time.

Trust me, it's a good thing as when the temperatures get up to 85F, it will go up to 320, etc. Enjoy the extra cooling, I was concerned about it, but decided it wasn't a problem and actually a good thing after speaking to a few people.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hank said:

Mine routinely peaks 1500-1525, going by the little needle. It all depends on where the probe is placed in  the exhaust; move it a half inch, the value will change. That's why everyone says the absolute values don't matter, just distance from peak.

I understand my question was is that where his is peaking at, nothing more.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M20F said:

I understand my question was is that where his is peaking at, nothing more.  

Just received the plane so I don't have the data to answer your question. 

The egt's look well balanced for a carb engine. I was just wondering if anything could be changed to help in cruise. These temps were on a nice 60 degree day. I'm not sure what the readings will be when the temps drop 60 degrees. 

100 degrees is a pretty big delta given the EGTs being pretty in line. I would suspect the probe. Swap two and see if it follows the probe or the cylinder.

+1. With a 60 degree day it's not cold enough for that cyl temp to be that low. I too suspect he probe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, MIm20c said:

Just received the plane so I don't have the data to answer your question. 

The egt's look well balanced for a carb engine. I was just wondering if anything could be changed to help in cruise. These temps were on a nice 60 degree day. I'm not sure what the readings will be when the temps drop 60 degrees. 

What is the 1481 all the way to the right on the JPI indicate?

9 hours ago, MIm20c said:

TIT...

Aren't you flying a C? With a TURBO?

TIT shouldn't be part of  your 830's display.

Configured correctly you can delete that field and add FIVE MORE fields of your choosing below your existing ones. One of my favorites is MPG!:)

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Like 1