Starlings

Well I flew to a worksite on Wednesday and parked on the ramp.  I only planned to stay over night so did not bring the cabin cover or cowl plugs, but ended up staying another night.  I went out to the airport yesterday and my propeller looked like a well used bird perch that you see by the ocean, just covered with bird crap.  Decided to remove the cowl cover and of course there was a nest in progress, and even had to chase a Starling out of the tail feathers.  Put the cowl back on a flew around the patch as the sun set. I just went back out there just to check and of course the starlings are trying to make a home of my Mooney.  I cleaned it out again and did my best with some makeshift plugs and plan on taking off this evening.  This time I left the prop vertical rather than horizontal.

I now have a new appreciation and sympathy for those who have aircraft that live on the ramp. 

And those Starlings sure are aggressive !!!

Had they been saying "NOoooooo!" As the boot was approaching I may have just tossed them outside the group hanger....

Or not.  

Those little bastards were relentless until I got my private hanger.  If I see a porcupine or starling and have means to dispatch there is zero hesitation.

Bye Bye.  Someone else's torment averted.

I carry this stuff with me in the Spring time. I have the guppy mouth on my Mooney (hopefully only until David finishes his mod) and use the pillow in plastic to plug that hole. For all the other areas, I use small foam that I put in ziplock bags to keep the foam dry.

d39f4c7818bf8165fb91596cc132a73d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro