LASAR sold!

MooneyMitch

This is a Press Release about the sale of our business.  We are VERY excited about the new buyers.....young and enthusiastic!   I apologize if you are no longer a "Mooney Airplane person."  The addresses are from a very old e-mail list.  BUT please pass the word.  LASAR will continue, stronger than ever!

We are pleased to announce that Lake Aero Styling and Repair has sold! After 43 years in business, we couldn't be more excited to announce that LASAR will be continuing in the same location, with the same great team that you know and trust, offering the same speed modifications, and outstanding service. 

While we are retiring, we still have so much to offer our Mooney community. We are honored to be invited back to LASAR as consultants as needed... After our well earned vacation.

Thank you for entrusting us with your Mooney these last 43 years.  You've become so much more than clients, we've become friends and family. Looking forward to seeing you in Lakeport for all your Mooney needs, and at upcoming events!

Thankfully, 

Paul and Shery

Paul & Shery Loewen, owners
Lake Aero Styling & Repair "LASAR"
Lampson Field, Lakeport CA (1O2)
Celebrating our 40th anniversary 1975-2015
shop 707 263-0412   home office 707 263-0462
  • Like 8

And, Robert Brown is back out of retirement, and will be staying on as Service Manager, which is wonderful news for all of us who know him. Robert had been there for many years before he retired to Mexico. He was missed, but now he is back. I understand we can expect new products from LASAR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Skates97 said:

Great news. I just emailed them yesterday looking for something that I hadn't been able to find. I got an email back very quickly telling me that I could get it from Aircraftspruce along with the part number.

One of the great attributes [and of Dan in parts] of LASAR!  Always willing to help us and in any possible way.......if possible. :)

1 minute ago, MooneyMitch said:

One of the great attributes [and of Dan in parts] of LASAR!  Always willing to help us and in any possible way.......if possible. :)

It was Dan that helped me out, even though he wasn't getting the sale out of it. (Although they will be getting some sales from me in the coming months). I had sent him a thank you email yesterday but it was apparently stuck in my outbox and hadn't sent. So, he followed up with me this morning to see if they had what I was looking for because he hadn't heard back. That is some great customer service!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
f7cfa036-064a-4a40-ad9a-62dd5494edbc.png
As part of our LASAR community, we wanted to formally announce LASAR's transfer of ownership. You can read our official press release below.

But first, would you be willing to take the time to fill out a simple 1-question survey?

We want to hear first hand from our past customers about their experience at LASAR, and your involvement with this survey will be very helpful for us.

You can start the survey by clicking the button below.
Begin Survey
For Immediate Release

LASAR, Inc. Announces Change of Ownership

Mooney service center with over 4 decades of expertise has new owners

LAKEPORT, CA: Lake Aero Styling and Repair (LASAR, Inc.) recently underwent a change of ownership. On May 1, 2017, the company was acquired by Brett Stokes and Caleb Brown. Over the past four decades, LASAR has built a reputation of being the preferred destination for service, parts, avionics and speed modifications for Mooney airplanes.

Founded in 1975, LASAR had been under the ownership and leadership of Paul and Shery Loewen before the recent transfer. The Loewens have built a lasting legacy in the aviation industry, which the new owners will endeavor to carry on. LASAR not only offers repairs and parts for Mooney airplanes, but they also are approved by the FAA to implement speed modifications and manufacture specialty parts. In simple terms, they are a one-stop service destination for Mooney owners all across the country, and ship Mooney parts all over the world.  

Brett Stokes, CEOThe incoming CEO of LASAR, Inc., Brett Stokes, said, “The Loewens have built a strong following over the years and played an active role in moving this industry forward. The Loewens contributions to the aviation industry are nothing short of legendary.” 

The new owners have been close friends for several years, and have partnered in several other companies. Merging their expertise in leadership, systems architecture, and project management, Brett and Caleb are a proven team. Since Brett’s service as an Avionics Technician in the US Navy, he has harbored the dream of owning an aviation company, which has now come true. Brett has been flying for over 23 years, and has previously owned a Mooney 231, which he says, “…is my favorite plane to fly.”

“We’re honored that we get to carry on the LASAR legacy, and be part of a community that I am really passionate about. This means not just the aviation community but the Mooney community. Caleb and I have many new ideas and we plan to use our experience to make this a company more people want to work for, while also making it a place more people want to bring their planes,” Brett added.

The enthusiastic new owners plan to continue serving their loyal customers with the high level of customer service that LASAR is known for, as well as expanding their reach throughout the United States. The Loewens have left their company in capable hands, and are confident in a bright future for LASAR.

About the Company
LASAR, Inc is one of the world's largest Mooney Service Centers and parts suppliers, manufacturer, modifier, avionics installer, and engine overhauler.

Their 2 1/2 acre facility is located at Lampson Field in Lakeport, CA, on beautiful Clear Lake, not far from the Napa Valley Wine Country and the Mendocino Coast. For more information, visit www.lasar.com

Copyright © 2017 LASAR, Inc, All rights reserved. 
You got this email because LASAR loves you! 

Our mailing address is: 

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list 

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

open.php?u=418263be1d9c7a7f755f64da3&id=19cbb4b37b&e=beca67e6af

• Like 1

For those of you that don't already know this information, I've posted the above press release I just received.

Survey says......... a welcoming event would sure be fun!!!! (my opinion of course! :rolleyes:)

I took the liberty of a return email response to the new owners, suggesting such.

Lets see......now that would be a great excuse to have a fun flight with a super fun destination, and a terrific reason to fly our Mooneys!

• Like 1

For those of you that don't already know this information, I've posted the above press release I just received.
Survey says......... a welcoming event would sure be fun!!!! (my opinion of course! :rolleyes:)
I took the liberty of a return email response to the new owners, suggesting such.
Lets see......now that would be a great excuse to have a fun flight with a super fun destination, and a terrific reason to fly our Mooneys!

Great idea. Plenty of tie down space. I would like to meet the new owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1