Need feedback on panel

FBV

6 hours ago, FBV said:

Per my layout, my vacuum driven DG is really deep and it hit the control column behind the panel. So I either had to revert to square one or settle for a non standard 6-pack layout. I decided on the later. I’m in way deep on the existing panel and have no time to change the layout again.

Yes, had lots of trimming to do. Dremel, snips, nibblers are all required tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes,

That's what I though it might be the case. Your DG must be deeper then others as I've seen quite a few photos of panels with vacuum DGs below AI.

On the other hand, when I'll do my panel, this might not be an issue for me as I'd like to install second G5/HSI at that location. I see you got a vertical faceplate for Accutrak which is great; I meant to mention that they might want to ask them about it.

Did you try to place AcuTrak horizontally, in top right corner where Landing gear lights are? That would be my preferred location but it seems very tight, especially considering structure under panel. I would like to try that, though.

Location you've chosen is not bad at all and I'll seriously consider it in my layout.

Regards,

Yes,
That's what I though it might be the case. Your DG must be deeper then others as I've seen quite a few photos of panels with vacuum DGs below AI.
On the other hand, when I'll do my panel, this might not be an issue for me as I'd like to install second G5/HSI at that location. I see you got a vertical faceplate for Accutrak which is great; I meant to mention that they might want to ask them about it.

Did you try to place AcuTrak horizontally, in top right corner where Landing gear lights are? That would be my preferred location but it seems very tight, especially considering structure under panel. I would like to try that, though.
Location you've chosen is not bad at all and I'll seriously consider it in my layout.

Regards,

Yeah, I wanted the accutrak where the gear lights are. Would not fit. The sub panel had to be trimmed a lot just for the lights and vacuum gauge. The angle of the left panel mounted on rubber shocks is critical to making things fit too.

On 1/24/2018 at 12:41 AM, FBV said:

Per my layout, my vacuum driven DG is really deep and it hit the control column behind the panel. So I either had to revert to square one or settle for a non standard 6-pack layout. I decided on the later. I’m in way deep on the existing panel and have no time to change the layout again.

Yes, had lots of trimming to do. Dremel, snips, nibblers are all required tools.

I had the exact same problem and came to the same conclusion as you.  I was way to deep into it to change.  I was bother by that decision for a while but since I only fly one airplane it became a non issue.  

On 4/27/2017 at 4:37 PM, FBV said:

Here is a friend of mine that has a 1 piece panel in his F. This is the look I was going for.8e99e14cb4299a83c9e3b6dc469ddf95.jpg

That's a beautiful panel. When I had my 1966 E (N9278M) I had a panel redo and I installed some EI Gauges. I enjoyed my new panel so much more than the original panel. This was back in 2000. Oh how times have changed since then. GPS/NAV/Comms are commonplace. I had an Apollo Loran C system I used and really liked.

N9278M EI Panel.jpg

Here is a friend of mine that has a 1 piece panel in his F. This is the look I was going for.8e99e14cb4299a83c9e3b6dc469ddf95.jpg

That's a beautiful panel. When I had my 1966 E (N9278M) I had a panel redo and I installed some EI Gauges. I enjoyed my new panel so much more than the original panel. This was back in 2000. Oh how times have changed since then. GPS/NAV/Comms are commonplace. I had an Apollo Loran C system I used and really liked.

N9278M EI Panel.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 1/27/2018 at 7:41 AM, bcwiseguy said:

N9278M EI Panel.jpg

Do you know what kind of sun vizors N9278M had or maybe have more pictures? I own this airplane now and it doesn’t have sun visors

220264FC-2A68-49AF-89F0-B4D6BCDA0858.jpeg

Attached is a small picture showing the sun visors that were installed when I had the airplane. It's not a great pic but it's the only one I have left after a hdd crash. I don't really remember much about the sun visors but I think they are similar to what was in my 201 that I just replaced with Rosen Sun Visors. They are well worth the money and not expensive....I highly recommend them.

Mooney_Panel.jpg

5 hours ago, bcwiseguy said:

Attached is a small picture showing the sun visors that were installed when I had the airplane. It's not a great pic but it's the only one I have left after a hdd crash. I don't really remember much about the sun visors but I think they are similar to what was in my 201 that I just replaced with Rosen Sun Visors. They are well worth the money and not expensive....I highly recommend them.

Mooney_Panel.jpg

These Rosen look great but only for 1968+ with top side mount. Thanks for the picture!