Upgrade path from g1000 to NXI

rpcc

What about a single G1000 screen, back up ADI and a GTN750. Have not seen that but it would be cool. All certified stuff! 

G1000s are cool, but the GTN tech is 15 years newer!! 

However, I can pull freqs faster from ForeFlight than most pages in the garmins. 

-Matt

2 hours ago, Mooney_Allegro said:

I use to have a G600, GTN750 and GTN650 in a beautiful 1998 J model Moone

That is the understatement of the year on MooneySpace. One guy even said he would sell organ parts to buy your J

2 hours ago, Mooney_Allegro said:

With the new aircraft purchase, I feel like I've gone back in time using the G1000.  The GTN's are a superior product in a lot of ways.  I really miss the GTN's.  I'd certainly consider the NXi upgrade if it becomes available at some point in the future.  At least it would be a step in the right direction, even if it's not touchscreen, which I wish it was.  

You 777 captains! We just cant please you guys :)

• Like 1

David, quit whining! You have one of the absolute newest Mooneys in the fleet, and now you can get from Atlanta to Henderson in the flight levels at 200+ KTAS.  For me, that's worth a heckuva lot more than having a touch screen!

:D

My quest now is to remove the last vestiges of gyroscopic equipment from the airplane, given that the S-TEC 55x is still driven by the electric turn coordinator hidden behind the panel. It would be a sweet deal if the new GFC600 could be certified with the G1000 as a replacement.  I'm assuming the G5 could replace the backup AI. Well, a guy can dream, can't he?