252 Oxygen bottle

N252WD

I know there are some threads on here about the O2 bottle, but I haven't seen any current ones. Two weeks ago, my Mooney was in annual, I wanted to get my O2 tank inspected (due in Dec) so it would be with the annual. Sent it to Safetech in Houston, they said it was expired and quoted $6800 for a new bottle (115 cu.ft) and reg. That seemed really high to me, so I am having the bottle and reg sent back to me, and will be doing some shopping around. I was wondering if anybody has any current location and prices on O2 tanks. I think I would like to stay with steel for W&B issues, but not sure how much it would effect it. Thanks in advance. 

I swear I've seen them on precise flights website but now I can't find them. Price was around 1500 for a steel tank. Try aerox too but you don't want the regulator and valve.

You shouldn't need a new regulator, is the one you have broken?

Shop around. I got a steel replacement for mine in 2009 from Aerox. At that time, their regular price was about $1200 and they gave me a 20% discount. (I think it was because I mentioned Dr. Bob's name).

Sorry, been out of country for awhile, dealing everything through email. Looks like I may have one. Gone from $6800 to $1600. BIG difference in price. I need factory replacement or PMA on tank, MH does not have it. Aerox has it, thank you for that site. 

I never had any dealings w/ Aircraft Spruce but will keep them in mind for next time. Thanks to everyone for all the info. I emailed Jimmy Garrison over at All American Aircraft, always a pleasure to work with, he has bottle already heading to my door. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, N252WD said:

I never had any dealings w/ Aircraft Spruce but will keep them in mind for next time. Thanks to everyone for all the info. I emailed Jimmy Garrison over at All American Aircraft, always a pleasure to work with, he has bottle already heading to my door. 

tell him he owes me commission :D