Why are sheepskin seat covers a thing?

gsengle

Not sure about others, but here in Texas' heat they keep you from sticking to the seats and let things breathe. If/when they get sweat soiled, unlike leather you can toss them in the washer. As an added benefit my 10 year-old leather seats still look new underneath.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

They are soft but boy do they ever retain every bad smell one shares when sitting on long flights. One of our CAP planes has it and you need to step back when you open the door and let it air out. Those seats are pungent. 
 -Robert

Yuck!

Don't one of you own a washing machine?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Ok, you sold me. Where do I buy them?

Try the interweb :D Put one on the driver side of my Mustang 30 years ago sheep skin still looks good and factory seat looks like new. My mustang GT turned 30 this year. I have thought about getting a pair for the Mooney but for now on hot days we just put a towel over the seats on short stops and the canopy cover if a longer stop.

• Like 1

I have a Amazon $80 set that works for me. Real sheepskin fronts, faux sides and back. I took them in on the sides to fit the seats on the mooney.  Costco sells the same brand I believe. On and off on their  inventory sometimes. 

They cover poor ripped interiors or keeps new ones nice, keeps from sweating in summer, or freezing in winter. Not much else does all that. Kinda fluffy, but nice. 

Some say they don't like how they attract dust or get dirty. However, cleanliness... is not the seats fault! 

-Matt

image.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carusoam said:

Bonal, post a pic of the Stang.  87 GTs were very fancy.  T-tops or convertible?

Best regards,

-a-

I'll have to take a photo the next time I get it out. It's a hard top (most rigid chassy) of the type I ordered from the factory and was built to my specs only 80k miles and looks like new except for being dropped a couple inches on an upgraded suspension. Still a blast to drive.

• Like 2

Mine is the odd Mooney, momma bear doesn't like sheepskin I love them with other than perfect temperatures, so I have one seat with skins one without, but the boss likes the headrest with skin so the planes interior looks like it was vandalized with one seat with skins none on the headrest, the other seat no skins except the headrest. The stuff we do for money.

• Like 2