Lasar cowl enclosure

10 hours ago, Marauder said:

We're all holding out for David's mod!

d40fdf151c76566f5d895608710e9cbf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

So am I Chris! Glad I have the same year and model as David, hoping I can be one of the first few in line! 

2 hours ago, RLCarter said:

If your bidding on this verify the STC (paper work) comes with it, if not see if LASAR will re-issue it and at what cost. 

cost me $35 for one of the ones i bought with the cowl. in fact I sent a lower cowl  with the enclouser installed to Dave to use to make a cowl mock up for the older A,B and C models 

Brian

Are these items serialized? What happens if you get a photocopy of the STC or download it from the FAA? Don't worry raptor - I was considering bidding on it but I'll yield. I've only logged about 25 hours or so in the last six-months. You could use the extra speed...

On 4/25/2017 at 8:17 PM, carusoam said:

A while back (years ago) someone on here was asking bout these.

Send it to China and have it cloned for $1/ea. Or $5/ea for lexan. I wonder if Lasar has broken even on selling those considering the STC process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, tigers2007 said:

Send it to China and have it cloned for $1/ea. Or $5/ea for lexan. I wonder if Lasar has broken even on selling those considering the STC process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe in the 70's or 80's when it was done there were more FAA people who know what they were doing and had less bureaucratic tendencies.:o

I will have a cowl closure available soon off my airplane. Heck the entire cowling actually and nose gear doors too (1975 M20F). Should have it here in another week or two. Chromed spinner with bulkhead as well will be for sale.

Edited by Mooney_Mike