New Listing

Roger O

JR, I check the commercial listings daily, however I would much rather get a "well loved" plane from a MS member.  Not only am I reasonably assured that the plane is what it is advertised to be, but that it has been well cared for and I, in turn, will be giving it a good home!

Hi folks. I'm new to the forum and I'm actively looking for an aircraft to purchase as well.  After looking at all sorts of make/models I keep coming back to looking at Mooneys.

Anyways, my question is... would it be in bad taste to contact one of the former owners of the 1976 M20C that started this thread and ask them why they sold it?  Surely at this point they would be more open to discuss it even briefly and their contact information probably takes all of 2 minutes to find.  It is a pretty glaring concern how frequently it changed hands since the run in with electric lines.

7 hours ago, revwatch said:

Anyways, my question is... would it be in bad taste to contact one of the former owners of the 1976 M20C that started this thread and ask them why they sold it?  Surely at this point they would be more open to discuss it even briefly and their contact information probably takes all of 2 minutes to find.  It is a pretty glaring concern how frequently it changed hands since the run in with electric lines.

I don't think it's bad taste at all. It's pretty rare to find a pilot not happy to talk about airplanes and flying. It's certainly worth a shot.

Welcome aboard revwatch.

The 'why they sold it' might be perceived as a pointed question. Or it could be a personal issue.

You may want to blend it in with a bunch of your other interesting questions.

Always be thoughtful when talking with other people.  Prior owners have a lot of info that you would like to get.  With some, you may have to carry the conversation. Others like to talk all day.

Others, you may not get off the phone with them for an hour....

Often...

1) people's lives change and flying no longer fits.  

2) people's mission no longer supports the airframe.

3) family changed size

4) moving up to bigger faster...

5) scaling back.

6) ran out of money.

What are you looking to find out or not find out?

You will know how well your conversation skills go by how long it takes to get an answer.

I sold my C because my family grew in size, and it was not near IFR capable.

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam

• 3 weeks later...