TFR for gas release

XXX

This is a first for me. TFR for gas release. Hmmmm.
IMG_0173.thumb.PNG.a44b49eefaf0a4f032e7fb37ff7d1329.PNG

She really didn't mean for it to happen. And she is sorry it did.

a5625396214a6cafdbbbd643224f5a60.jpg

I have seen these TFRs pop up a few times. We had a thread on them a while back. Can't remember what the root cause was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Marauder said:

She really didn't mean for it to happen. And she is sorry it did.

a5625396214a6cafdbbbd643224f5a60.jpg

I have seen these TFRs pop up a few times. We had a thread on them a while back. Can't remember what the root cause was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you cut that pic in half  and just viewed the lower half,I bet you couldn't tell if you were looking at her front or back.

• Like 2

This is far from unusual. There was a TFR for Aliso gas leak in California in 2015, too. In fact, they were concerned that an aircraft flying through the plume would trigger a massive airburst explosion with at least several hundreds of ton of TNT equivalent power.

6 minutes ago, zaitcev said:

This is far from unusual. There was a TFR for Aliso gas leak in California in 2015, too. In fact, they were concerned that an aircraft flying through the plume would trigger a massive airburst explosion with at least several hundreds of ton of TNT equivalent power.

The Aliso gas leak was detected by a guy who flys thru the plume ...The concentration was so low (100 parts per million) that there was never a danger of ignition...it was all about people living nearby...

On 4/24/2017 at 11:18 AM, thinwing said:

The Aliso gas leak was detected by a guy who flys thru the plume ...The concentration was so low (100 parts per million) that there was never a danger of ignition...it was all about people living nearby...

I met that guy.... he has two Mooneys and came to look at mine when I had it up for sale last fall.

29 minutes ago, Joe Zuffoletto said:

I met that guy.... he has two Mooneys and came to look at mine when I had it up for sale last fall.

Interesting Joe...I read an article on him and his use of methane detectors mounted on his aircraft .On another note,did you know the folks with the socatta trindad out of Petaluma we have been looking for?

I took a guy for his first small GA flight and we needed a roaming TFR for a gas release. After an hour it eased up some, but not much. Never needed goggles in a 172 before, but could have used them that day, or a smoke hood would have been better.