Garmin GTX 335 Does it talk to GDL 39

I just installed the GTX335 on my PU-ZDE but I can not see the ADS-B in my Garmin Pilot in Traffic mode even in Ground Test, but can I see all the airplanes that are transmitting in ADS-B in Traffic? But they also can not see me. I can also visualize with Garmin Pilot in Compliance, my plane and the others.

The GTX 335 is connected at an altitude encoder of the Ameri-King AK -350

To receive the ADS-B I have a GDL 39 ..

I have in my PU-ZDE a Garmin 695 a GDL 39 an EFIS D100 and the GTX 335, at the moment I installed the GTX335 only with the Ameri-King. But I still can not understand why I can not see ADS-B

Anyone have any idea of what's happening, mode C is 
transmitting okay?
Anyone could help?

6 minutes ago, josedias said:

I just installed the GTX335 on my PU-ZDE but I can not see the ADS-B in my Garmin Pilot in Traffic mode even in Ground Test, but can I see all the airplanes that are transmitting in ADS-B in Traffic? But they also can not see me. I can also visualize with Garmin Pilot in Compliance, my plane and the others.

The GTX 335 is connected at an altitude encoder of the Ameri-King AK -350

To receive the ADS-B I have a GDL 39 ..

I have in my PU-ZDE a Garmin 695 a GDL 39 an EFIS D100 and the GTX 335, at the moment I installed the GTX335 only with the Ameri-King. But I still can not understand why I can not see ADS-B

Anyone have any idea of what's happening, mode C is 
transmitting okay?
Anyone could help?

Are you attempting to see ADS-B on the ground or in the air?

Welcome aboard, Jose.

Are you able to read this thread from the beginning?

Somebody posted a manual that may be of interest...

It states...

the 335 is for ADSB-out... that signals the ground stations to send data...

the GDL is what is used to receive data... then share with an iPad 

not sure about air to air traffic reception, that may be possible in some cases...?

Where are you?

Do you have ASDB towers in your part of the world?

That manual at the top of this thread may be helpful for your question...

Best regards,

-a-

20 hours ago, carusoam said:

Welcome aboard, Jose.

Are you able to read this thread from the beginning?

Somebody posted a manual that may be of interest...

It states...

the 335 is for ADSB-out... that signals the ground stations to send data...

the GDL is what is used to receive data... then share with an iPad 

not sure about air to air traffic reception, that may be possible in some cases...?

Where are you?

Do you have ASDB towers in your part of the world?

That manual at the top of this thread may be helpful for your question...

Best regards,

-a-

Hi Carusoam

Many thanks for the welcome, I live in Rio de Janeiro Brazil

I can visualize all the helicopters or planes that are flying or on the ground with my GDL-39.

What I would like to know is how my GTX 335 ADS-B should appear on the Garmin Pilot in TRAFFIC mode, I get to see it in Compliance.

Are you familiar with the Garmin Pilot?

thank you very much

Best Regards

_Jose

Edited by josedias

Hey Jose,

I am not familiar with much of the Garmin products, but there are a few thousand people around here that are...

Discussion Traffic around MooneySpace is a little light today.  As the Thanksgiving holiday has been on since last Thursday...

You might want to search here using the words Garmin Pilot... And see who may be discussing using that app....

The GP app is gaining popularity with people using GTN nav/coms...

There have also been discussion using the GTX345R with some challenges with the BT antenna facing 90° from the proper direction...

There is a Garmin customer service rep whose name is Trek.  If you need to find him, there is probably a particular address for him as well...

Best regards,

-a-

21 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

Are you attempting to see ADS-B on the ground or in the air?

Hi LANCECASPER

I already tried ground and air to see my plane with GDL 39 and Garmin Pilot in Traffic mode, but can only see in Compliance on Garmin Pilot. Here at the airport there are many helicopters that already use ADS-B I can see both air and ground. How should my airplane appear in the Garmin pilot in Traffic mode ??

Best Regards

-Jose

Edited by josedias

Jose is saying...

• GDL works to supply traffic data... but,
  • GTX doesn’t supply traffic data to Garmin Pilot...

If I understood properly...

Could be a hardware issue of how many WiFi connections are allowed...or how many blue tooth connections are allowed...

If using an iPad, there is possibly a limit of one WiFi connection at a time.  If it is connected to a device already, it would need to be disconnected to connect to the WiFi you want...

If it is using BT, there are more opportunities to connect multiple devices...

Look into WiFi vs Blue tooth connections for your devices...

Stuff I read around here, not stuff I know personally...

Best regards,

-a-

• 8 months later...

‘Nobody’ has recently changed stacks... including entire plane...

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/101#specs

http://static.garmin.com/pumac/GNC300XLTSO_PilotsGuide.pdf

Position source for 2020 requirements are WAAS based...

Non-WAAS comes close, would be better than nothing... but still doesn’t meet the requirement...

PP thoughts only, not an instruments guy...

Best regards,

-a-

Thank you for your input. When you say "Position source for 2020 requirements are WAAS based...", where is that specified? TSO-C195b, 3, a, 6 specifies the "position source" must meet TSO-C129, -C145, -C146 or -C196. While the last 3 specify Augmentation, TSO129a does not. I'm beginning to suspect "Nobody" was using the GNC as his position source.

9 hours ago, Super 21 said:

Thank you for your input. When you say "Position source for 2020 requirements are WAAS based...", where is that specified? TSO-C195b, 3, a, 6 specifies the "position source" must meet TSO-C129, -C145, -C146 or -C196. While the last 3 specify Augmentation, TSO129a does not. I'm beginning to suspect "Nobody" was using the GNC as his position source.

I am just parroting what I have been told...

My KLN90B is a great resource for position data... unfortunately, it is not WAAS capable... so a different resource needed to be acquired...

See if you can find ‘nobody’ I believe he is around here under an alternate screen name...

You seem to have done a fair amount of research... try looking up the accuracy of WAAS position data and compare to non-WAAS data...

Keeping traffic separated needs to have data that is pretty tight... and comes up with a high frequency... as in locations per second...

My own experience plotting my breadcrumbs on google maps... the non-WAAS data had two data points near the runway... the WAAS data points were accurate to within feet, measuring T/O distance...

I think if you continue your research you will find the WAAS requirement is probably covered under an accuracy requirement that the non-WAAS units probably don’t have...

PP thoughts only, not a WAAS instruments guy...

Best regards,

-a-