is it hard to remove baggage door

rbridges

I sent an email to the local msc about repairing the piano hinge.  From what I've read, a few rivets will need to be removed.  There are a few other issues with the paint on my door, and I'd like to have a local shop paint/blend the areas.  So, is it easy to remove the wire from the hinge, or is it a nightmare?

IMG_2920.JPG

It's very straight forward. But the new rivets and piano hinge will need paint. Blending in the paint without orange peel or a other paint anomalies is where the talent and fineness is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

RB,

There is a thread discussing piano hinge details.  

From what I recall it is for the nose gear hinges.  There might be some interesting details to be found there as well...

There were also discussions on replacing the baggage door in other threads.  Every now and then somebody leaves one unlatched.  It depends on how fast they were going when they found out about the issue...

good luck and best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam

IVe replaced the baggage door and the nose gear doors.  The hinge for the bag door Theyvsell each side separately and the pin also. Not difficult to shoot new rivets but it takes a gunand two people. Paint to match after. 

rivets like this are best done with a manual or pneumatic squeezer. It gives you better results and limits the probability of the gun slipping and hitting the skin.

Squeezer:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/atsSuperRivetSq.php?clickkey=4583

hinge material:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/mepages/pianohinge.php?clickkey=15883