Glareshield lights

bradp

My glareshield light cover has cracked again last time I manipulated them and been repaired what seems 30 times or more.  I'd like to replace the lights with something else - what are your recommendations.  Something that works with the existing wiring would be great (from what I gather lumisnescent lights need a special dimmer?).  

Thanks !  

Brad 

27 minutes ago, RobertGary1 said:

I love my NuLites. Had them almost 20 years now. It's how Mooney should have done it. 

-Robert

I installed my nulites and they are great.  Very happy with them.  I'm looking for something to complement the nulites for under the glareshield so I can see the engine cluster better.  

For those USB lights they look great and are cheap but I think I'm looking for something that I can tie in with the existing dimmer... 

I was thinking maybe something like this?

http://m.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/umaltstrips.php

Doesn't Bennett have a similar setup? Tried to find an old post but was unable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do have a green luminescent strip under the edge of the glare shield and a panel mounted dimmer. Works wonderfully. I don't know if it is the same unit as the link above. I also have nu lites for the round instruments. All and all excellent panel. lighting. I have a photo somewhere in my my office and I will post it Monday.

I do have a green luminescent strip under the edge of the glare shield and a panel mounted dimmer. Works wonderfully. I don't know if it is the same unit as the link above. I also have nu lites for the round instruments. All and all excellent panel. lighting. I have a photo somewhere in my my office and I will post it Monday.

As promised: I found a couple of photos of the luminescent strips under my glareshield. Older avionics configuration. 430 replaced by GTN 650, AERA 696 replaced by 796.

594c3c4bb025a924dbc38facb562f700.jpg

496d020929a87db4cf598f0180f0529f.jpg

Thanks Bennett! That's what I was looking for. Are those the UMA lights?  

I think so. I would have to check my airframe log books, and they are at LASAR while I am having my annual done. I looked at the Aircraft Spruce link and I think those are the same or similar. The ability to dim them is an excellent idea, and I have a panel mounted dimmer.

• Like 1