Recommended Tug

aviator_brian

2 hours ago, Johnnybgoode said:

60's Cub Cadet with hydrostatic transmission - see my photos.

Works like a champ, and at about 500# you'll not have any trouble with spinning wheels.  Portability, now that's another story.

Patrick

Would agree that in terms of cost and results nothing beats an old lawn tractor with a ball.  Would be my recommendation as well. 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
4 hours ago, FlyingDude said:

Hi, what's the wattage of that motor? Thanks.

Bummer,

Bob would love to give you the details…. He was great at sharing every detail he knew…

Unfortunately, Bob has left the building…. Last seen flying West!

His plane, Gypsy Rose, is still around here somewhere…

:)

Best regards,

-a-

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Danb said:

Dude I have the same tug. Just know I use a 2 12 volt batteries 35 amp, I think

Ok...  That's 840W...  That's a big motor.  Did you build it or buy it off the shelf?  Where did you get the components?  

I wanted to build one using scavenged parts.  I found this scooter on the curbside, but its motor is 100W ... I had fun welding and cutting and grinding, but it won't work ... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005GB3MPS/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_76Q65R450W9PSV7RNWD7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I only need it during winter when it snows/ices.  Otherwise, it's an easy push for me ... when my feet don't slip.  How can I build one for free (or real cheap) given that I'll use it 5-10 times a year?  Thanks... 

2 hours ago, FlyingDude said:

Ok...  That's 840W...  That's a big motor.  Did you build it or buy it off the shelf?  Where did you get the components?  

I wanted to build one using scavenged parts.  I found this scooter on the curbside, but its motor is 100W ... I had fun welding and cutting and grinding, but it won't work ... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005GB3MPS/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_76Q65R450W9PSV7RNWD7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I only need it during winter when it snows/ices.  Otherwise, it's an easy push for me ... when my feet don't slip.  How can I build one for free (or real cheap) given that I'll use it 5-10 times a year?  Thanks... 

it’s from nose dragger,   Dragger.com 

10 hours ago, FlyingDude said:

Yeah I got a PM from a relative, telling me this.  She was very kind, as in she sent that to let me know, so that I wouldn't be offended by lack of response...

RIP...

Bob was good people… he has a strong family…

One of his last trips… he took his nephew(?) across the country, coast to coast….

All documented around here in a great trip report…

He must have left instructions about leaving a departure notice after he flew West…

Apparently, his email is still connected….  :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2