1979 231 mooney turbocharged engine replacementment

WJones

1 hour ago, 1964-M20E said:

Well you could always go to the Rolls 250-C20 Rated at 420SHP and derate it to 310SHP continuous use in the Mooney and make you own Prop-jet rocket.:)

You at least have data about the power and speed from that configuration.  You would need the extended range fuel tanks though 30GPH:(

why not the little czech engine like they use in the lancair? Seems like it'd work just fine. Extend the mount out and a new cowl, bam! turbine time!

• Like 1

Just now, aviatoreb said:

Those poky little guys?  I'm already looking for them.  :-0

coming back with the plane we were down at 8 avoiding wind, IFR, and passed a bonanza like he was standing still. :D

I could do with another 50 or 100 knots, though.

• Like 1

Hey guys question. I've been talking with the OP about a trade and if we don't do the deal I still want to help point him in the best direction. Since he his making metal (a small amount) the engine at a minimum needs to come off for either a IRAN or overhaul so with that in mid what does it roughly cost, not including overhaul or removal and replace the engine to up grade the parts necessary to a auto waste gate and intercooler?

So to clarify if the engine was a GB zero time sitting on a stand in a shop what would it cost to bring this up to current?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's making a bit of metal, why not pull the valve lifters to examine them?  A new set of lifters would be cheaper than removing the engine, it's one of the advantages of the Continental lifter design.

Clarence

On 4/26/2017 at 6:42 AM, aaronk25 said:

Hey guys question. I've been talking with the OP about a trade and if we don't do the deal I still want to help point him in the best direction. Since he his making metal (a small amount) the engine at a minimum needs to come off for either a IRAN or overhaul so with that in mid what does it roughly cost, not including overhaul or removal and replace the engine to up grade the parts necessary to a auto waste gate and intercooler?

So to clarify if the engine was a GB zero time sitting on a stand in a shop what would it cost to bring this up to current?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's good to know the OP is a real person....just ask him to respond to all this great advice from so much knowledge base would you?Its the polite thing to do ,don't you think?

• Like 2