Mooney Caravan 2017 - Who's going?

amillet

I have arrived at Oshkosh!!  Wednesday morning early.  I'll swing by the caravan tent and will attend the Mooney International event today.

Aircraft is at Bassler and I'm camping with some buddies in North 40 (the pirate flags).

-Seth

Edited by Seth
  • Like 1

My flights to/from KOSH.  2975 miles, 23.6 hours.  Great time flying the Caravan, seeing old friends and making new ones.  First time tent camping at KOSH.  Brenda even stayed in the tent 3 nights after her last minute "cabin" reservation was full of D-Con bait. ( She doesn't like mice more than she doesn't like tent camping)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.png

I'm sure it's not on anyone's mind now that Oshkosh is over but does anyone know of any formation training coming up near Washington, Oregon, or Northern California? I would really like the training. I missed the Bo training in Bremerton this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure it's not on anyone's mind now that Oshkosh is over but does anyone know of any formation training coming up near Washington, Oregon, or Northern California? I would really like the training. I missed the Bo training in Bremerton this year.

I didn't get the opportunity to fly with the Caravan so hopefully next year.  Took some poor video, though, of some of the arrivals.  Seems more like a Mooney ground drag race.  Wished I had just done one long video.  I was coming from the North 40 so didn't get far enough down to capture the landings a bit closer.  Sorry, no editing:

• Like 3

On 8/4/2017 at 8:29 AM, Lance Keve said:

I didn't get the opportunity to fly with the Caravan so hopefully next year.  Took some poor video, though, of some of the arrivals.  Seems more like a Mooney ground drag race.  Wished I had just done one long video.  I was coming from the North 40 so didn't get far enough down to capture the landings a bit closer.  Sorry, no editing:

I am putting together a video of the Mooney caravan can you send me your video clips by email to oavalle@gmail.com. Thanks!

Oscar:
I put our Quebec Element landing on Youtube at 
.  My own landing sucked, but we got there safely - although we should have touched down after the purple dot.  Take what you need.  

Do you mind sending it by email to me please... oavalle@gmail.com

Oscar:

I will try.  Putting the file on Youtube makes it much smaller than the original but it is still 13 Mb.  If our e-mail servers restrict attachments to 10 Mb (as many do) then may I recommend https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/video-converter as the download mechanism for you to use from the Youtube URL shown above?

Wish us luck.

Oscar:
I will try.  Putting the file on Youtube makes it much smaller than the original but it is still 13 Mb.  If our e-mail servers restrict attachments to 10 Mb (as many do) then may I recommend https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/video-converter as the download mechanism for you to use from the Youtube URL shown above?
Wish us luck.

Thank you got it

On 8/3/2017 at 7:55 PM, xcrmckenna said:

We are working on a formation clinic with Moo, Bo and Cessnas.  Will be in Visalia, CA in October. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2017 at 9:26 PM, Oscar Avalle said:

I am putting together a video of the Mooney caravan can you send me your video clips by email to oavalle@gmail.com. Thanks!

Hi Oscar,

Sure, but I'm on vacation without computer so will send when I get back this weekend. 

Regards,

Lance

• Like 1

[/url]  

THANK YOU LANCE!! You captured the Caravan Lead element touching down safely past the purple dot and holding speed into a fast taxi to clear the runway. Textbook, if I do say so myself. But, I am a little biased...

Caravan Lead 2017

• Like 1

Sign up to the email list on the website or just watch it. Besides the fall clinic mentioned in KVIS, there is a great clinic in Feb at Yuma and the NorCal Beech group usually has one in the Sacramento area every April at which we have a solid Mooney contingent.

Safety pilots govern how many newbies can get time, and priority is given to those registered for the Caravan. That said, we have a LOT of active formators in Cali and the NW group is growing.

PM or email me at "my MS handle"_at_gmail and I will get you on our Best Coast Flyers list through which our formators on this coast plan practices.

Oscar:
I put our Quebec Element landing on Youtube at 
.  My own landing sucked, but we got there safely - although we should have touched down after the purple dot.  Take what you need.  

You were in position ... over the threshold! Darn videos, they don't lie...

Sign up to the email list on the website or just watch it. Besides the fall clinic mentioned in KVIS, there is a great clinic in Feb at Yuma and the NorCal Beech group usually has one in the Sacramento area every April at which we have a solid Mooney contingent.

Safety pilots govern how many newbies can get time, and priority is given to those registered for the Caravan. That said, we have a LOT of active formators in Cali and the NW group is growing.

PM or email me at "my MS handle"_at_gmail and I will get you on our Best Coast Flyers list through which our formators on this coast plan practices.

Email sent thank you.