Mooney Caravan 2017 - Who's going?

amillet

I have committed to myself to fly the 2017 Caravan.  Signed up for a local B2OSH clinic in June; registered and paid for the Caravan, reserved a room at MSN; started reading the procedures literature. This will be my third time (2002 & 2015)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, kpaul said:

Any one in the SE doing a clinic last minute - early July?  I am out of the country until then. 

I suppose you know that the MAG clinic is 6/23-25 at Lynchburg VA. You might contact Jim Rigoulot or Lee Fox. They might have some idea about getting you qualified. I can provide contact info if needed.

51 minutes ago, Bob_Belville said:

I suppose you know that the MAG clinic is 6/23-25 at Lynchburg VA. You might contact Jim Rigoulot or Lee Fox. They might have some idea about getting you qualified. I can provide contact info if needed.

Bob,

Thanks, I will not be back until the 2nd or 3rd of July, so Lynchburg is not doable.  I may have to do this year solo.

Just now, kpaul said:

Bob,

Thanks, I will not be back until the 2nd or 3rd of July, so Lynchburg is not doable.  I may have to do this year solo.

Again, contact Jim or Lee, they were very accommodating for me last year. I am emailing them so you might hear from them.

Im having a tough time finding info for the 2017 qualifying clinics. Any info is appreciated. I'm in Delaware at KILG. Thanks!

Bryan -- send Mike (aka 201er) a PM about this. He was either working on setting one up or knows about the clinics. I recall he was talking about one on the east coast.

And while you are talking with him, get yourself signed up for the Mooney Yahoo group. We do periodic fly-ins in the mid-Atlantic area and Mike is the organizer of that group.

I presume you know danb. He flys a Bravo out of KILG. I was based there from 1995 until the DRBA started jacking hangar rent up. I'm now over at N57.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

7 hours ago, BryanLight said:

Im having a tough time finding info for the 2017 qualifying clinics. Any info is appreciated. I'm in Delaware at KILG. Thanks!

The only east coast clinic scheduled between now and OSH is in Lynchburg, VA weekend of June 23-25.

http://www.mooneycaravan.com/training

You can also reach out to the Bonanza group B2OSH. https://www.b2osh.org/Web/B2OSH/Pages/Training/TrainingRegional.asp.  They welcome us Mooneys flying with them and their training is also qualifying for the Mooney Caravan.

If the Lynchburg dates do not work for you there's a possibility that a small clinic will be held the weekend of 7/15 at KHKY (Hickory NC) to qualify a Pensacola area pilot deployed overseas who won't be stateside until early July.

And stay in touch, there's always the possibility of a rain out and a change in dates.

• Like 1

John, in my case, this has become a MUST every summer since I started. Wife and I are now planning our summer (which does not last long here) around Oshkosh and the Mooney Caravan. 

We'll see you there!

Yves

• Like 3

On 5/12/2017 at 8:19 PM, yvesg said:

John, in my case, this has become a MUST every summer since I started. Wife and I are now planning our summer (which does not last long here) around Oshkosh and the Mooney Caravan. 

We'll see you there!

Yves

Sounds great Yves! Can't wait.. and it does sound like it could become a tradition to me from what I hear, but we will see!

• 1 month later...

I've been a little late in starting my planning this year, as things have been a little busy with my business and this whole becoming a dad thing. I honestly did not think I'd be able to go, but I have now registered and talked my buddy Wayne into joining me again as well. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

• Like 1

On 5/5/2017 at 1:20 AM, BryanLight said:

Brian your planes just across from my hanger I had to cancel the clinic at the end of June due to crappy wife stuff 

On 5/6/2017 at 9:43 AM, mccdeuce said:

7/15 sounds good to me! 

Still up in the air on whether or not I can actually make the caravan. But at least having this knocked out would keep options open. 

I signed up for 7/15 clinic

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did post on a general thread.  The Caravan was a blast.  51 of us.  Got a little rain on the way, but all landed safely.  I was able to arrange for an announcer/photog.  plus EAA radio covered. 

Maggie Arrival.jpeg

Mooneygirls2.jpeg

Mooney Caravan.jpeg

IMG_9738.JPG

IMG_9685.JPG

• Like 5