Ovation 3

zulu168

39 minutes ago, zulu168 said:

Anyone here own an OV3 GX. Looking to buy one and would love to go up with an owner and hang out with him/her to get use to the bird.  I would pay for all fuel or any associated cost etc of course.  I am based in Toronto. Thx

Why the GX? 

58 minutes ago, Jeff_S said:

I'd be happy to take you up if you get to Atlanta sometime, but I'm sure there's someone closer to you. But feel free to ping me whenever!

Thanks Jeff, let's see if anyone contacts me from Toronto., but if you want to take a trip to Toronto let me know. Gas and Hotel is on me. And can show around the City and discuss some Aviations,  perhaps catch a Jays game. 

Yes...

the R, S, and TN are near identical.  The M20M is also the same airframe with a TC'd Lycoming IO540.

The others are variants of the Continental IO550. One is the Turbo normalized version...

310hp is a great deal in the power category.

There are some photos of updated instrument panels around here.  The search function can help reveal what you are looking for.

Best regards,

-a-

7 hours ago, zulu168 said:

Jet, I assumed $80K for both? 1000 and 700 display. 

Well, you can't actually upgrade a non-G1000 version to a G1000 system.  The G1000 is part of the type certificate for the newer airplanes, so it cannot be retrofitted. You could take a steam gauge plane and put in a G500 with the latest GTN radios, and that would be a pretty close alternative, but still no G1000 and no GFC700, which can only be used with the G1000.