Better Than New: The Full Refurbishment of N205J

Rmag

Just now, Niko182 said:

Whats running the AH on foreflight. Is the artificial horizon being run by stratus 2s r by something else?

G500 TXi's AHRS connected though the Flightstream 510.

10 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

Really? I figured it was the GTX345R transponder. I didn't know that the TXi did that.

Just like the original G500 does. 

If the G500 AHRS fails, one still has the GTX345 as backup to use by bluetooth connecting to it.

Wow!  That is an amazing upgrade to a fantastic aircraft.  I have been watching for a long time and am very lazy about keeping track of passwords and signing in but I had to break my silence and comment on your work of art.  The paint, engine, interior and finally the avionics are all very "top notch" and well thought out. I love the technology and hope you get to enjoy it before moving on to another project.  Thanks again for sharing your journey and hopefully this will get me off the sidelines and more involved.  Have a great day!  :)

• 11 months later...
7 minutes ago, Wingdude said:

Interested in buying this, aircraft (or equivalent) 

Much prefer an m20j to a Cirrus perspective. 

Does anyone know how I can contact the owner. 

My email is jodeerich@gmail.com 

This plane flew off the shelf and has a happy home. The new owner recently flew her across the country and chronicled the trip with a video.

• 5 months later...
10 hours ago, Rmag said:

Here we go again...

8EA51979-7CEF-42BC-9716-AEA299D807E9.jpeg

Holy cow it was a dream bird already. i think you work on this airplane more than you fly it. It already seemed like it had the latest and greatest avionics, can’t wait to see what you put in that tops that. The only thing left that was original was the autopilot. 

On 6/21/2018 at 7:31 PM, kortopates said:

Just like the original G500 does. 

If the G500 AHRS fails, one still has the GTX345 as backup to use by bluetooth connecting to it.

I have a G600 and GTX345.  I do not have the Flightstream.  

How does the bluetooth backup work?

John Breda

11 hours ago, M20F-1968 said:

I have a G600 and GTX345.  I do not have the Flightstream.  

How does the bluetooth backup work?

John Breda

My ipad is always bluetooth connected to both my FS-510 and my GTX-345. In your case you would connect to only the GTX-345 and would have the AHRS as a backup to your iPad if your lost your G600 AHRS. You'd also get wx, traffix and position data from the GTX-345 that way on your iPad. 

1 hour ago, Rmag said:

Hmmm...

Question for you.  After seeing and liking your panel setup, I just went with the GNC 255A underneath my GTN 750.  Would you do the same thing now, or would you have gone with the GTN 650, GNC 355, or something else as your #2 radio/navigator?

8 hours ago, ZuluZulu said:

Question for you.  After seeing and liking your panel setup, I just went with the GNC 255A underneath my GTN 750.  Would you do the same thing now, or would you have gone with the GTN 650, GNC 355, or something else as your #2 radio/navigator?

my thoughts...

I went with the GNC 255A to provide minimum Garmin IFR backup at the lowest cost.  If for some reason my GTN 750 went down during an IFR flight the GNC 255A gives you NAV for VOR/ILS and COMMs.  When I did this, the The GNC 355 did not exist, and is an interesting thought at $2,300 MSRP above the GNC 255A gives you GPS/COMM instead of NAV/COMM in the same footprint.

As N205J is flown predominantly VFR, I’d make the same choice, but might be swayed by the GNC 355 now.  Since I already have the GNC 255 I am not looking to change  

For an aircraft that is going to predominantly be flown hard IFR it might warrant a strong look at the GTN 650 as the backup.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 1:30 PM, kortopates said:

My ipad is always bluetooth connected to both my FS-510 and my GTX-345. In your case you would connect to only the GTX-345 and would have the AHRS as a backup to your iPad if your lost your G600 AHRS. You'd also get wx, traffix and position data from the GTX-345 that way on your iPad. 

What does that data link look like of the Ipad and how do you access it?  Or, is it incorporated into ForeFlight.  I have both an ipad mini-3 and an Ipad Pro 7.  The Ipad pro has OS 14.1 and a faster processor.  But it is much larger (which may be a downside).  Should I be using the Ipad Pro because of more capability?

John Breda