ADS-B Fix for iPad and 345R Bluetooth

buddy

I spoke to Jake today at Daytona Aircraft Services and he discovered the fix for the Bluetooth connectivity problem with the iPad and the 345R and I now get ADS-B weather and traffic on my iPad in the cockpit. The fix is you have to remove the aluminum access panel for the OX tank in the back wall of the baggage area and I replaced it with a plastic one using 1/8in. If anyone has any questions PM me with your phone number and I can walk you through it. The fix takes about 2 to 3 hours if you do it yourself or less time if you just remove the access door and don't replace it with plastic.

• Like 2

Sorry I didn't take any pictures I just placed the aluminum cover on top of the plastic scribed around it and cut it and drilled the holes. Again if you PM me with your number I can walk you through it, I just got finished with the install a couple of hours ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buddy said:

I spoke to Jake today at Daytona Aircraft Services and he discovered the fix for the Bluetooth connectivity problem with the iPad and the 345R and I now get ADS-B weather and traffic on my iPad in the cockpit. The fix is you have to remove the aluminum access panel for the OX tank in the back wall of the baggage area and I replaced it with a plastic one using 1/8in. If anyone has any questions PM me with your phone number and I can walk you through it. The fix takes about 2 to 3 hours if you do it yourself or less time if you just remove the access door and don't replace it with plastic.

I have a flight stream mounted on the avionics shelf.No need to replace that aluminum panel with non metallic...the blue tooth freq at 2.45 gigahrz should just bounce arround back there and exit into the cabin via the plastic hat rack.Maybe the Bluetooth module is oriented differently on the 345r...

Danb maybe you have a plastic hat shelf, with my A/C all I have back there is an aluminum wall covered with carpet. If you have A/C your avionics shop might have done it with your 345R install. I flew the airplane this morning and the Bluetooth connection was intermittent but without the plastic panel I never got any connection at all.

Thoughts on the subject of wifi and blue tooth...

1) Wifi is pretty sensitive to electrical/radio noise...

2) In house example....  As in my iPad loses connection to wifi when somebody turns on the new microwave.  The old microwave wasn't any better....

3) Electric motors like those found on AC compressors might benefit from some attention around the noises they might emit.

4) turning off the AC to see if wifi and blue tooth return would make for an interesting test.

5) blocked signals is one part.

6) interference with the signals is a separate part.

See if these ideas are helpful for you...?

Best regards,

-a-

The flight stream 210  wil take over  The Bluetooth function and also send the flight plan info to the iPad as well. It gets me why a 7k transponder won't port the flight plan to the iPad and it takes another box to do it. 

Edited by jetdriven

I'm not familiar with the ac condenser install ..I know it's a metal radiator with fan components ,and to support all that weight the plastic hat shelf had to go.If your signal is still week..I would build a wave guide located directly in front of the Bluetooth module.Depending on were your 345 is mounted on the avionics rack it could be a simple 4/5 in plastic hatch with a open ended aluminum box aligned with the 345...or you could have a bad module on the 345