New Member Introduction

ILikeMooneys

A really nice M20C is what set the hook for me as well. Start there with relatively minimal commitment and see what happens. 
See if you can get a flight with [mention=11273]cnoe[/mention]. He flies a really nice J out of the Houston area. You'll also want a ride in a C, E, etc. But a ride with Chuck in his J will give you a wealth of information applicable to all Mooneys.

Absolutely I'll give you a ride. But you may have to play safety pilot while I shoot a practice approach or two. I'll send you a PM to see if we can coordinate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2017 at 7:15 PM, ILikeMooneys said:

Thanks for the welcome!

Any Houston area C pilots around that are willing to let me take a seat in their bird?

I have an E which is the same sized cabin.....  

• Like 1

On April 20, 2017 at 2:21 AM, gsxrpilot said:

A really nice M20C is what set the hook for me as well. Start there with relatively minimal commitment and see what happens. 

See if you can get a flight with @cnoe. He flies a really nice J out of the Houston area. You'll also want a ride in a C, E, etc. But a ride with Chuck in his J will give you a wealth of information applicable to all Mooneys.

Yes.  Check gave Sandy and I a ride while we're in Galveston at Spring Break.  Chuck is a great and gracious guy and as Paul said, you will learn a ton from him.  Fly safety pilot for him if you can so he can shoot an approach.  I wanted to do that for him, but it didn't work out.

9 hours ago, MBDiagMan said:

Yes.  Check gave Sandy and I a ride while we're in Galveston at Spring Break.  Chuck is a great and gracious guy and as Paul said, you will learn a ton from him.  Fly safety pilot for him if you can so he can shoot an approach.  I wanted to do that for him, but it didn't work out.

Thanks for the pirep! I have touched base with @cnoe and @clh, both of which have offered to let me have a peek at their birds. No C's yet, but an E and a J should be a great start.

17 minutes ago, ILikeMooneys said:

Thanks for the pirep! I have touched base with @cnoe and @clh, both of which have offered to let me have a peek at their birds. No C's yet, but an E and a J should be a great start.

Keep in mind the differences between the E, J, and the C you're looking for.  They're really not that much. Both the E and the J are 200 hp fuel injected (no carb heat) while the C is 180 hp carb'ed. Most C's will have manual gear while all J's have electric gear, and the E depends on the year model. The J will have an additional 5" behind the front seats and 5" in the baggage compartment. The E is the exact same fuselage as the C. Sitting in the front seats, the cockpit environment will be effectively the same between all three.

Enjoy, hope you get a flight soon.

• Like 1