Cigarette light for usb port

pkofman

I have used the Dual 2.4 Amp USB plug from Sportys ($16.50 plus shipping) to run an iPad Air and a Stratus 1 simultaneously.  It has worked fine, but I found that the arrangement of the 5VDC wiring from the plug to the USB connections at the devices has to be adjusted to prevent noise in the audio panel.

Think I'm going to keep this simple  for now and use  a little external iPad. batt charger.  It might be safer and the last about 3 hours if I manage the pad. Now if I  could only figure how to mount the iPad 2 so I could see the panel 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pkofman said:

Now if I  could only figure how to mount the iPad 2 so I could see the panel 

iPad 2 is a problem, that's why I use the iPad Mini in the cockpit. Here it is in my M20K. It doesn't block anything and with my magnetic mount, is easily and instantly removed.

IMG_1249.jpg

5 minutes ago, pkofman said:

Oooo! That looks good.  Where did you get the magnetic. Mount?

@"Chocks" helped me make it. We used something like this. https://www.amazon.com/SCOSCHE-Magnetic-Mount-Universal-SmartPhones/dp/B00ZQO3UFW/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1492380907&sr=8-17&keywords=magnetic+ipad+mount

Send me or @"Chocks" a PM and we can send you more details.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

That looks really nice. I was just about to buy the ram mount but this looks much less clunky.  

Does the magnet affect the compass or any other instruments negatively?