Dear Supreme Leader Mooniac58

Tommy

2 hours ago, Skates97 said:

Tommy, you keep talking about what Mooniac58 can do and telling him how he needs to run his forum. However,  there is little talk from you about what you can do. You have voiced your opinion multiple times over multiple threads. I think it has passed the "express your opinion and move on" stage. What you are looking for is provided on other aviation forums. I don't understand the need to make this forum like the others. There is a reason I and many others spend most of our time here even though many here are registered on AOPA, POA, and the Purple Board. For myself, I just get tired of the resident trolls on the other sites. 

Use this board for what it is, use the others for what they are. They don't all have to be the same, and thankfully Craig ensures that this forum is different. (Kind of like a Mooney, a step above the rest.) 

I did offer to be a moderator for lively and informative debates if you bothered to read the posts before commenting.

"Kind of like a Mooney, a step above the rest." Such arrogance. Have you flown a Cirrus SR 22 G5 / Piper Malibu / PC-12 / King Air (I had to all of the above and I have to say they are all wonderful aircrafts and are certainly NOT a step below Mooney - maybe half a step with Cirrus :P)? Now I can kind of see why you are tired of other forums. 

You see, Craig probably think it's not okay for me to call you arrogant but it's okay for you to say it has passed the "express your opinion and move on" and insinuating that, by asking the admin to tolerate a bit more debates, I am a step below Mooneyspace standards." Pot calling the kettle black, mate?

Was I offended? No. Did I write to Craig? No. So what should I do? I could either walk away or find counter-points. So I quickly went to your website intosky.us and found out you are a low-time VFR Mooney pilot who dose a bit of $100 burger runs. So you probably haven't flown many other aircraft types in order to justify such extraordinary claim that Mooney is better than all other aircrafts.

Oh, by the way, I am pretty sure FAA will have something to say about that non-STC-approved GoPro attachment under the wing. *wink*

Anyway, done talking. I will go elsewhere to be belligerent and argumentative. I know that I will be eating plenty of humble pies along the way because I realise that I don't know much but I also realise that it's a fun way to learn (thanks Socrates!). 

Now I know that it's legal for Australian airliners to overbook flights (I was wrong about that) but I bet you didn't know that, once you board, deny of boarding in the event of overbooking conditions don't apply any more. You and I would probably leave and take the $800 voucher when we should've demanded IN WRITING why we are being deplaned, how we are selected, and $1350 on the spot cash compensation. 

Just now, Tommy said:

I did offer to be a moderator for lively and informative debates if you bothered to read the posts before commenting.

"Kind of like a Mooney, a step above the rest." Such arrogance. Have you flown a Cirrus SR 22 G5 / Piper Malibu / PC-12 / King Air (I did to all of the above and I have to say they are all wonderful aircrafts and are certainly NOT a step below Mooney) / or any other fantastic planes before? Now I can kind of see why you are tired of other forums. You see, Craig probably think it's not okay for me to call you arrogant but it's okay for you to say it has passed the "express your opinion and move on" and insinuating that, by asking the admin to tolerate a bit more debates, I am a step below Mooneyspace standards." Pot calling the kettle black, mate? Was I offended? No. Did I write to Craig? No. So what should I do? I can either walk away or find counter-points. So I quickly went to your website intosky.us and found out you are a low-time VFR Mooney pilot who dose a bit of $100 burger runs. So you probably haven't flown many other aircraft types in order to justify such extraordinary claims.

Oh, by the way, I am pretty sure FAA will have something to say about that non-STC-approved GoPro attachment under the wing. *wink*

Anyway, done talking. I will go elsewhere to be belligerent and argumentative. I know that I will be eating plenty of humble pies along the way because I realise that I don't know much but I also realise that it's a fun way to learn (thanks Socrates!). 

Now I know that it's legal for Australian airliners to overbook flights (I was wrong about that) but I bet you didn't know that, once you board, deny of boarding in the event of overbooking conditions don't apply any more. You and I would probably leave and take the $800 voucher when we should've demanded IN WRITING why we are being deplaned, how we are selected, and $1350 on the spot cash compensation. 

Wow, that's all I have to say. That's rich for you to call me arrogant. Your posts are dripping in condescension, including the title of this thread. Enjoy your time here or whatever other forums you decide to spend your time on.

• Like 7

Tommy, I think you are not understanding or seeing something important. (Work with me for a minute)

You are an intelligent hard working guy in Australia.  I have tried to support your airplane questions anytime I felt I had something to offer.  (Do you remember any?)

I have interest in supporting people that fly, maintain or train in Mooney's.  There is tremendous returns when they support my Mooney needs back.

I have no interest in spending time, blocking things that are just Best posted somewhere else.

I would hate to lose your input.

It is a small price to pay to type with integrity.  

It isn't naturally easy. But, it is worth it to give it your best.

Do you know what I mean?

1) There's mooney discussions that bring people together...

2) There's thread drift...

3) then a few helpful real life things.

4) Then there's videos of violence and things that are not interesting to a lot of people.

5) MooneySpace has a lot of room for all things that support the community.

6) When you get outside of the community interest, you start to catch heat.

7) MooneySpace is about supporting the Mooney community.

8) Outside of that there are better places for what you are doing.

9) Ask yourself something like this...  Are you interested in being part of the community?

10) The community is open to everyone.

11) when you become a drag on the community, people notice.

12) when you stay a drag on the community, people complain.

13) Try to not be a drag...

If you need to know what being a drag is...

You may find that you are attacking the manager of the website directly.  Telling him how he should run his web site. Then tell everyone  that is reading this that they can turn you off...

This wastes a tremendous amount of manpower.  It degrades the purpose of why people visit here.

In the end, People that are uncomfortable stop visiting here.  Let's not hand them a reason to Be uncomfortable.

MooneySpace is strange.  It is on the Internet. But it isn't the internet.

You select your own name, but people recognize you as the MS doctor from Australia.

You could change your name, but people will recognize you buy your writing style.

Did you stay with me?

Are you able to stay with me?

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carusoam said:

10) The community is open to everyone.

Say no more...

ps. I get your points but why do you feel the urge to take 30 minutes of your life to lecture me and add another thread to this otherwise a drag topic after I said "done talking." Honestly, would I be shouting in an empty room if there is no one else to talk to? I know you are "trying to help me" but honestly....

I really kind of want to stop but for the last time...

The points I kept making and you kept missing are

1) what's a moot point to you may well be an interesting point to others.

2) not all aviation / Mooney topics need to bring people together LOP vs ROP, Champion vs Tempest, CamGuard or Not, Ovation vs Acclaim etc etc. 

3) Of course I am interested in this community, that's why I posted what I and few others considered interesting (again, just because it's of no interest to you doesn't mean it's not for other and 270 replies in 36 hours, hmmm... I beg to differ. ) in the appropriate forum

4) To date, I am still not quite sure how I am a drag to the community by talking about United incident when people talked about their prostate and dental problems. Craig never told me who think I am a drag - though I can pretty much guess - and therefore there is no way knowing.

5) Outside of that there are better places for what you are doing as well.

Now before you go ballistic and angry, please remember these are your own words -a-

I even typed the same way as you do!

Imitation is the best form of flattery. :P 

ps. I think I am truly laboring the point but please Carusoam and everyone, for once, believe me when I said the discussion on United Incidents, to me, is one of those "helpful real life things" that is genuinely interesting. I had absolutely no intention to offend / infuriate anyone. If you think it's not interesting then please accept my most sincere apology... 

I swear to our Supreme Leader, I would not post again on un-interesting topics...

I am going to start a list and please feel free to add in. This is a community effort!

1) my prostate

2) my wisdom teeth 

3) my BMW M6

4) my favourite restaurant 

5) my dog

50 minutes ago, Skates97 said:

Wow, that's all I have to say. That's rich for you to call me arrogant. Your posts are dripping in condescension, including the title of this thread. Enjoy your time here or whatever other forums you decide to spend your time on.

Great! And you enjoy those GoPro footage - hard to see the terror on the faces of those people beneath it!

Hey, here is a helpful hint: https://www.faa.gov/aircraft/air_cert/design_approvals/stc/ and putting those footage on a publicly accessible website is not a smart move mate...

Arrogant and condescending? Read your own post. "Mooney - a step above the rest." Easy to dish out but hard to take in, isn't it? 

________

ps. Craig, if you are reading this, please tell them to stop! :P 

9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I swear to our Supreme Leader, I would not post again on un-interesting topics...

I am going to start a list and please feel free to add in. This is a community effort!

1) my prostate

2) my wisdom teeth 

3) my BMW M6

4) my favourite restaurant 

5) my dog

Forgot to add,

6) My Brazilian model girlfriend

Tommy,

The U.S. is quite a large place.

If you come for a visit, stay for a Mooney fly in around the NJ area.  You would be amazed how the screen names actually represent real human beings, with spouses and often children.

Open yourself up a little more... you are showing that you almost understand how this works...

If I were Mooney flying in Australia and suddenly needed a colonoscopy, I would be inclined to ask for your guidance.  In this case, I would probably send a PM.  :)

I look forward to the day when you show a collection of pictures of your Mooney.  Some before and after shots.  The descriptions you have given sound like it has been a really long flyway.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MyNameIsNobody said:

You know what Supreme Leader...B.S.  I have made reports on direct "YOU" statements and there are crickets in response.  Not consistent at all.  Maybe you need to spread the "God" power out if you are overworked.

Name a name.  Come out of the closet.  Don't beat around the bush.  Out the spade....Do it.....Come on, DO IT.

I do take action, I just don't take the time to message every person that reports something to tell them what actions I took based on the report.  I just warned someone for a personal attack from your report and if the person does it again they will get some level of a ban.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mooniac58 said:

I do take action, I just don't take the time to message every person that reports something to tell them what actions I took based on the report.  I just warned someone for a personal attack from your report and if the person does it again they will get some level of a ban.

I fully accept the responsibility and would like to apologize once again.

• Like 1

The hole has been dug, deeper and deeper. The horse was beaten, died, fell over and tumbled to the bottom of said hole.

Mooniac58, extreme gratitude for what you do and have created for us here.

I'll be sad when the day should come that the collegiality and mutual respect dies - that reflects so well on the community that flies Mooneys. It's part of why I fly Mooney. We are pilots. We take care of each other.

It's up to all of us to keep this from becoming POA. Hope to meet more of you in the flesh in the coming years. Fly safe, fly fast...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

11 hours ago, MooneyMitch said:

Tommy......you are officially invited to our Harris Ranch Mooney fly-in, May 6.

And I would like to buy Tommy a couple of burritos from the taco truck down the street with a quart of miralax for the flight home...is that being rude Clarence?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gsengle said:

The hole has been dug, deeper and deeper. The horse was beaten, died, fell over and tumbled to the bottom of said hole.

I'll be sad when the day should come that the collegiality and mutual respect dies - that reflects so well on the community that flies Mooneys. It's part of why I fly Mooney. We are pilots. We take care of each other.

It's up to all of us to keep this from becoming POA. Hope to meet more of you in the flesh in the coming years. Fly safe, fly fast...

I am in whole totally (tautology) agree with you, Greg (?). But (there is always a but)

I don't think you can take the moral high ground now here criticising - if that was your aim - at POA as you are one of the main participants (or aka "culprits" depending on who you talk to) of the conversation that led the prancing horse to its grave.

But that's not the main issue here, which is, again, repeating it like beating a dead horse, I personally have no issues with a bit of heated debate as long as I am learning new knowledge / perspective etc. And in this incidence, I am happy to have people to call me dick and offer me a drink of their personal own stock of laxatives. In return, I know a bit more about statutory law, conditions of carriage, overbooking practice, contract laws, federal regulations, etc. And now I know what my rights are as a paying customer of United (probably never going to happen)! 

But then some people read the discussion, didn't like what they saw, complained to the admin, who then went on to lock the discussion when more facts and information are slowly coming to light. They might not even have participated in the discussion. 

If there is anyone who showed no respect and no collegiality, it is these people. What makes them think that they can dictate the discourse and stifle knowledge sharing!? And guess what these individuals will do when they read something they don't like next time (and it could well be your own personal posts)?

In closing, I like to extend your statement that "We are pilots humans. We take care of each other." Agree 100% and only if United had lived up to your expectation at 5.20pm on the 9th of April 2017. But it doesn't mean we can't have arguments and debates. That's not being pilots. That's called being a good husband and a good son-in-law (apology to all the lady members out there)! Would you not argue with a fellow pilot if you genuinely think his/her idea (of buying a Cirrus) is wrong and/or dangerous (I remember vividly that we had a heated discussion about when and where to do a mag check or not do one. I didn't participate because I don't think I have flown enough to make any comment but I certainly enjoyed the discussion and asked plenty "what if" questions)? 

ps. Sorry not meant to take a parting shot at you but I genuinely have a disdain for pilots who think being a pilot means they are above everyone else. Any Joe Bloke - with a fistful of cash - can become a pilot these days. Aviator, on the hand, is a completely different breed...

Q. - How do you know if there is a pilot at your party? A. - He'll tell you...

And then there is this one.

Q.: How do you know when your date with a pilot is half over? A.: He says, "but enough about me - wanna hear about my plane?"

Then there is this slightly unflattering photo of an obese lady eating the cake not in her best element...

We don't seem to kick up a big fuss about it. I know he is merely trying to lighten things up a little bit but we know nothing about this girl. She might have a genetic metabolic disorder. She might have PTSD. She might be living in the poor parts of the neighborhood and her parents can't afford her good education and healthy diet. We don't know. Yet we seem to be okay with it but heaven forbids if you and I - two privileged middle / high-class aircraft owners - are starting to call each other names.

What's the humanity in that? 

We are pilots. We take care of each other (unless you are fat, ugly, gluttonous, and poor) 

1 hour ago, thinwing said:

And I would like to buy Tommy a couple of burritos from the taco truck down the street with a quart of miralax for the flight home...is that being rude Clarence?

Oh... is it a date? Are you asking me out? Finally found the courage after stalking me on every forum....  :wub::wub:

I am so sorry ThinWing, but I think you might have missed this post...

14 hours ago, Tommy said:

Forgot to add,

6) My Brazilian model girlfriend

3 hours ago, gsengle said:

It's up to all of us to keep this from becoming POA.

Too.late.

And people wonder why I avoid pilots like the plague.

Edited by peevee
  • Like 1