Does anyone else worry about getting denied a deviation in weather?

I have never been denied a deviation, but sometimes negation helps.   If a deviation right or left isn't available, offer to do it at a different altitude.   If an altitude you want isn't available, offer to take a vector to get it.   

Sometime ATC isn't the limiting factor.   My girlfriend hates to wear oxygen in the plane.   However, last Sunday she decided that she hated flying in bumpy clouds more than she hates oxygen.  She put it on and we got to climb above the mess.   

The result of negotiations with girlfriend and ATC:

IMG_0169.thumb.PNG.c63921939004181ef520969daa4452c9.PNG

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Jim Peace said:

Something does not add up here.....you have a girlfriend and you went to PVC?  

Yes.  Our friend and his husband have a place there.  We were visiting with them for the weekend.   A lot of things are still closed, looks like most places will be open by mid-May.  The theme weekends are always interesting.   This past weekend happened to be LGBTQA+S country western dance weekend.  (A is for asexual and S is for straight).  They keep adding letters.  Not many people seemed into the theme this weekend.  But that was fine, I didn't bring my chaps anyway.

For those that haven't been, it is a fun destination with something for everyone.  Good food, quirky shops, and nice views.

The airport is in good shape and just a short ride from the town.  Parking is $10/day.  There are tie-downs with ropes provided.  There is no cell service around the airport, so take that into consideration for your arrival plans.

fullsizeoutput_24b2.thumb.jpeg.b52ec48123959fce32ece8bf57ba3007.jpeg