New to the world of Mooneys

Just introducing myself. I just purchased a '67 M20C - N9638 - Loving it!

I stopped flying 4 years ago after some heart issues, but I'm ready to get back in with the new medical regs taking effect next month  

I've already picked up a lot of great tips and Mooney-specific information here, and I look forward to many years of learning and sharing here. 

I'm in Crane, Texas, and yes we have an airport here - E13. Small but functional. 2 minutes from my house. Then it's 2 hours in the Mooney to Rockwall to see our grandchildren or about the same to College Station to see our son. Life is good.

• Like 4

Welcome JR!

I too am a new M20C caretaker.  I have had her a little over a month now and have about 15 hours in her.

When I was growing up, I had an Uncle who was a pumper and lived in Garden City.   Spent a lot of time there as a kid.

10 hours ago, jrheathjr said:

Just introducing myself. I just purchased a '67 M20C - N9638 - Loving it!

I stopped flying 4 years ago after some heart issues, but I'm ready to get back in with the new medical regs taking effect next month  

I've already picked up a lot of great tips and Mooney-specific information here, and I look forward to many years of learning and sharing here. 

I'm in Crane, Texas, and yes we have an airport here - E13. Small but functional. 2 minutes from my house. Then it's 2 hours in the Mooney to Rockwall to see our grandchildren or about the same to College Station to see our son. Life is good.

I'm based here in Bryan, KCFD.  Ever feel like avoiding the class D or buying some less pricey 100LL - fly-in.  I'll show you my A model - take you for a short hop.  Joe

Welcome aboard JR.

Welcome to both clubs...

Mooneys & the class III SI.

We haves few people around here always challenging the Special Issuance system.  It is always a challenge to get simple paperwork through the system.

Best regards,

-a-