Levil at SNF

27 minutes ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

I wondered that too. They need to add a temperature sensor to the bom, though, for it to have full air data computer capabilities. Very neat gadget, but probably not enough to draw me away from Garmin Pilot and my GDL39-3D since I already have and really like them.  

The beacon, though, that's the one that really has my attention for full ADS-B out compliance in a low cost and easy to install package. 

Jim

Did they have details on the Beacon? I e-mailed with them last week but could not get any details.

28 minutes ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

The beacon, though, that's the one that really has my attention for full ADS-B out compliance in a low cost and easy to install package. 

Jim

I agree, an actual "affordable" solution for ADS-B out. We'll see how they come along with the certification and what else comes along before the mandate takes effect. If they do get certified this is a real possibility for me to be compliant. I already have ADS-B in along with weather via my handy raspberry-pi setup for a little over $100.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skates97 said:

I agree, an actual "affordable" solution for ADS-B out. We'll see how they come along with the certification and what else comes along before the mandate takes effect. If they do get certified this is a real possibility for me to be compliant. I already have ADS-B in along with weather via my handy raspberry-pi setup for a little over $100.

Sounds like they'll have a huge hit on their hands. Amazing idea.

19 hours ago, peevee said:

Wonder how many kts the bom costs 

I was wondering this myself.

The beacon looks really cool though. A fully compliant ADS-B solution for $1400 is a much better price than a lot of what's currently out there. I expect we'll start to see more solutions like this come along as we get closer to 2020, though.

41 minutes ago, LevelWing said:

A fully compliant ADS-B solution for $1400 is a much better price than a lot of what's currently out there.

If they can keep the price at $1400, the world will beat a path to their door.  However, right now it is not certificated, or approved.  A lot can happen between now and hitting the market.

Having said that....at $1400, I'll buy two.  One for each of my planes.

39 minutes ago, N201MKTurbo said:

That makes her even sexier!

Absolutely!

52 minutes ago, Browncbr1 said:

It appears that she holds a degree in mechanical engineering and robotics, is the GM of the company, and wife of the president.     

I thought the president was her father.

1 hour ago, N201MKTurbo said:

It appears that she holds a degree in mechanical engineering and robotics, is the GM of the company, and daughter of the president.     

She's the bomb holding the BOM.

Edited by HRM
Fixed alternative facts error.