I HIT MACH 1!

29 minutes ago, cliffy said:

OK for those of us who are Luddites in the electronic gadget world- how do we find that chart for our airplanes? 

Download the FlightAware app--great for commercial flights too. It only works for you if you file IFR or if you get flight following. All you need to do it type in your N number and it will show all the flights you've ever taken (as long as they were in the ATC system). 

Download the FlightAware app--great for commercial flights too. It only works for you if you file IFR or if you get flight following. All you need to do it type in your N number and it will show all the flights you've ever taken (as long as they were in the ATC system). 

Actually you can see VFR flights as well, requires a change to your settings.
  • Like 1

I'm not smart enough for a smart phone and they gave me one at work. I'm a 10 button flip phone type. I can barley make a call and read texts and its one of those i thingys and I don't know i stuff..  But, I'll try for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I typed in the tail number of my recently purchased airplane and it comes up, but with the previous owners name. I haven't flown an IFR flight plan with it yet. I wonder if it will show me as the new owner when I do? IOW where does Flight Aware get their data?

Cool app though!

55 minutes ago, Stetson20 said:

I typed in the tail number of my recently purchased airplane and it comes up, but with the previous owners name. I haven't flown an IFR flight plan with it yet. I wonder if it will show me as the new owner when I do? IOW where does Flight Aware get their data?

Cool app though!

It takes the FAA a long time to update the registration.   It will eventual show with your name.   I can take months from your purchase date.  

On April 10, 2017 at 1:51 PM, teejayevans said:

Actually you can see VFR flights as well, requires a change to your settings.

I looked again and can't find such a setting.  Do you have a premium account or the standard free account?

52 minutes ago, teejayevans said:

Free, look for position only flights in your account settings (#6 for me).

You just made my day! It has been yeas since I saw the VFR flights.  I blamed the FAA for filtering them.  It looks like the "app" does not have those setting changes.  When I went to the full internet page and followed your instructions it worked.  Thanks much!

You just made my day! It has been yeas since I saw the VFR flights.  I blamed the FAA for filtering them.  It looks like the "app" does not have those setting changes.  When I went to the full internet page and followed your instructions it worked.  Thanks much!

Oh yea,forgot to mention option was only available via web page. But once set it does show them in app, but not all flights, tends to show then over more populated areas.