Needed KT76A

I broke my leg and my KT76A on the same day.   I need to get a transponder installed in order to get my M20C flying.   I'm also trying to find a couple of local mooney flyers to put an hour or two every couple of weeks until my knee heals.

2 hours ago, Drumstick said:

Thanks everyone!  Currently pricing out a KT76C.  Primarily because it comes with a warranty.  I'm not in a super big hurry anyway because I won't be able to fly until probably June.

Why not a kt74? It's a drop in replacement and adsb out for down the road?

9 hours ago, peevee said:

Maybe not the death for too many if levil gets their add on system certified.

Are they attempting certification for "The Beacon"? I get the impression that they cater to the home built crowd.

17 hours ago, Godfather said:

327's are going for $350-$450. I would never spend the money on a new one as you should be able to find nice used examples  for literally pennies on the dollar. 

I have a 327 lined up for $250 but the 1700 installation quote is unreasonable.  Need to get the install cost down for me to even think about a 327.

• 1 month later...