Hangars in Las Vegas

I'm looking at moving to Las Vegas as a more central location for my business.  My M20F has been inside since I've bought it and I don't want it to sit outside in the Vegas sun. Anyone have local knowledge of the Vegas airports and the difficulty of finding a hangar, or a spot in one?  What's the cost?  Obviously I expect the cost to be higher at Henderson than Boulder City. 

16 minutes ago, LevelWing said:

Are you wanting a full hangar or will a shade hangar work? North Las Vegas has a wait list but depending on where you live, that might be worth checking out.

I'm looking for a full hangar or a spot in a larger hangar.  Not really interested in a shade hangar, I'm looking for somewhere I can change my oil and do other owner maintenance.

Just now, SantosDumont said:

I'm looking for a full hangar or a spot in a larger hangar.  Not really interested in a shade hangar, I'm looking for somewhere I can change my oil and do other owner maintenance.

I'm not sure if North Las Vegas has hangars or not, but you can try giving them a call.

Fred Durdin

Line Service Supervisor

North Las Vegas Airport

2730 Airport Drive, Suite 101

North Las Vegas, NV  89032

702-261-3809

Hey Santos!!! Vegas is great come on down :).  A T hangar at VGT is around $350-$400 per month to rent and last I looked $65-80k to buy.  Call 702-261-3806 and they can email or fax you a printout of all the available hangars with prices.  Good luck and hope to meet you soon.  Send me a PM if you want more info on VGT I've been based there for about 10 years.

SP

On April 9, 2017 at 9:47 AM, FBCK said:

Along the same lines, I'm planning on filling down to Vegas, whats the best FBO and is there any temporary parking out of the sun, I going in July.

I've flown into all 3--LAS is spendy ($80+ per night); VGT and HND are $15/night, first night waved with fuel purchase. The line guys have been more friendly to me at HND and it feels closer for some reason--$18 uber ride. There's also a free shuttle to the strip if you get there when its running...10, 1, and 4pm I think.

1 minute ago, Brian Scranton said:

I've flown into all 3--LAS is spendy ($80+ per night); VGT and HND are $15/night, first night waved with fuel purchase. The line guys have been more friendly to me at HND and it feels closer for some reason--$18 uber ride. There's also a free shuttle to the strip if you get there when its running...10, 1, and 4pm I think.

VGT & HND are equal for a quick visit, just depends on what direction you are flying in from as the drive to the strip is about the same from both airports.  I know you can get your aircraft parked under a transient shade hangar at VGT but don't know the fee.

4 hours ago, Jeev said:

Hey Santos!!! Vegas is great come on down :).  A T hangar at VGT is around $350-$400 per month to rent and last I looked $65-80k to buy.  Call 702-261-3806 and they can email or fax you a printout of all the available hangars with prices.  Good luck and hope to meet you soon.  Send me a PM if you want more info on VGT I've been based there for about 10 years.

SP

Thanks.  That's not bad.  I pay $350 now.  I was expecting it to be 2x or more.

They emailed me the list.  Looks like there's more space available than I thought there would be.

Edited by SantosDumont

2 hours ago, SantosDumont said:

Thanks.  That's not bad.  I pay $350 now.  I was expecting it to be 2x or more.

They emailed me the list.  Looks like there's more space available than I thought there would be.

That's good!  For over 350 make sure you get one with a concrete floor and if over 400 it should be preaty nice.  Shoot me a PM if you want me to take a look at a few for you.  I'm usually at the airport at least twice a week.

15 minutes ago, FBCK said:

Jeev, didn't you live in Edmonton at one point.  I was thinking Hendson, but if I can get parking in the shade I may go North Vegas.  Any idea who I would call?

Nope,  was in Tampa for a bit.  Give the VGT front desk a call at 702-261-3806 and they should be able to give you the info you need. 

On 4/9/2017 at 8:23 AM, SantosDumont said:

I'm looking at moving to Las Vegas as a more central location for my business.  My M20F has been inside since I've bought it and I don't want it to sit outside in the Vegas sun. Anyone have local knowledge of the Vegas airports and the difficulty of finding a hangar, or a spot in one?  What's the cost?  Obviously I expect the cost to be higher at Henderson than Boulder City. 

Santos! We met at SMX fly-in " I was the guy talking about moving" well I moved to Vegas. Hangars are scarce out here. I've been looking. There are a couple for rent ... $550 range at VGT, wait list for covered parking $100, and tie downs $45. I'm on a tie down right now because I couldn't find anything. When are you coming out? 

Mike

27 minutes ago, MHemperly said:

Santos! We met at SMX fly-in " I was the guy talking about moving" well I moved to Vegas. Hangars are scarce out here. I've been looking. There are a couple for rent ... $550 range at VGT, wait list for covered parking $100, and tie downs $45. I'm on a tie down right now because I couldn't find anything. When are you coming out? 

Mike

Gotta sell my house, so we'll see how long that takes. 

• 3 months later...

Bumping this thread because moving day has finally come.  If anyone has any leads on hangars in Vegas let me know.  I got a response from someone on the VGT list.  $600/mo.  That a good price?  My house sits halfway between HND and BVU though so I think I would rather end up at BVU. 

I was just at VGT on Friday and there was a sign on the hangar right across from G6 in the North Hangars that said "For Rent" It might be an owner subletting his hangar? I'm not sure, don't have the number.  I know the tenant in G6 so PM me for her info or just head down there and take a look.

• 4 years later...