St Johns Newfoundland

On 4/8/2017 at 11:19 PM, gsxrpilot said:

If any Mooney drivers are around, I'm good for a tank of 100LL, beers at the pub, or both.

Bad idea. Fuel is insanely expensive there.

Be careful about weather, wind, and icing. Not all that much to do there but a fun trip no less. It'll be an excuse to practice speaking Candian.

Here's what landing there was like on my trip a year ago:

Edited by 201er

Quite a place to visit, specially during winter. Always hazy and ice on the runway. I departed from CYYT to LPAZ enroute to LECU. Gander HF, NY Oceanic HF and Santa Maria HF have excellent signal coverage. Flying into CYYT from LPAZ against headwinds and ice at night was quite an experience that I will not forget.

Jose in St. Johns.JPG

Marconi Signal Hill.JPG

CYYT Ramp.JPG

• Like 1

I was there on business and didn't fly the Mooney. I'll probably be back in July with the Mooney.

I was there for two days and according to the locals, it was the best two days they'd had in about 9 months. It was sunny, blue skies, and about 65 degrees both days. Almost no one was in the office. Everyone took the day off, or called in sick, just to get out and enjoy the sun.

IMG_2123.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

On April 10, 2017 at 4:17 PM, 201er said:

Be careful about weather, wind, and icing. Not all that much to do there but a fun trip no less. It'll be an excuse to practice speaking Candian.

I didn't know that they spoke "Candian" in Newfoundland?

Clarence

On April 15, 2017 at 10:30 PM, Piloto said:

Quite a place to visit, specially during winter. Always hazy and ice on the runway. I departed from CYYT to LPAZ enroute to LECU. Gander HF, NY Oceanic HF and Santa Maria HF have excellent signal coverage. Flying into CYYT from LPAZ against headwinds and ice at night was quite an experience that I will not forget.

Jose in St. Johns.JPG

Marconi Signal Hill.JPG

CYYT Ramp.JPG

Oh hell no.......

On 2017-04-10 at 4:17 PM, 201er said:

Note that St Pierre and Miquelon aren't in Canada, let alone Newfoundland.  Close, but no cigar.