Sold Pending Inspection:1963 Mooney C with RayJay Turbo, Aspen, Garmin..

sideplate

Selling my 1963 C model.  Very unique aircraft.  Has Rayjay turbo normalizer.  4162 TT, 784.6 SMOH loaded with speed mods, Aspen, Garmin 430 WAAS, STEC 50 AP, ADSB out compliant. too much to list. (see pics)  NO wing tank leaks!

The negative on this plane is the interior.  Needs replacing.  I have a complete extra interior that you can have with the plane.

Very fast little Mooney.  150 kts TAS normally aspirated on about 10GPH.  175 kts TAS with the turbo at @ 12.5 GPH.  I use the Turbo mostly just to climb.  It will hold 30 inches all the way up (i have not gone over 18K).  Then turn off the turbo and enjoy great speeds at very low fuel flow.

Bought this plane for my son to build hours.  He has been selected for USAF Pilot training (proud Dad!!!) So we really don't need the plane now.

Complete logs and very limited minimal damage history.  I have owned since 2012 and have replaced entire exhaust.  Also had Don Maxwell replace shock pucks with new style pucks.  

Annual is due this April, so would be a good time for annual/prebuy inspection.

Too many details to list.  Log book scans available.  Just call me if you have interest and I will give you everything you want to see from logs or additional pictures.

Price:  $52,500.000

931-244-5344  

direct email : kcowens@charter.net

Ken Owens

20170408_085314_resized.jpg

20170408_085323_resized.jpg

20170408_085330_resized.jpg

20170408_085347_resized.jpg

20170408_085354_resized.jpg

20170408_085410_resized.jpg

20170408_085423_resized.jpg

20170408_085702_resized.jpg

20170408_085710_resized.jpg

20170408_085716_resized.jpg

Edited by sideplate
  • Like 3

Ken,

Somebody was asking about putting a TN on their C the other day...

You might want to find that thread.  You may be able to share some experience.

The benefits are everybody gets to learn something about what you have. This could help sell your fine bird.

got any engine pictures?

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam

I tend to be very critical of what people think they can get for their airplanes and so I generally don't respond to posts for sale. But I gotta say, this one is priced right in my opinion.  If I were in the market for anything less than a J, you'd have a deposit on this today.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

And that's the way it's done, folks.  A good plane at a good price and a buyer who knows what he/she wants and is ready pull the trigger.  Congrats to both sides of the transaction!

Did this plane sell in 24 hrs?:o

Dang that is one cool C model !  Can't blame someone for movin' fast on it.  

I look forward to hearing more about its adventures in the hands of the new owner.  

Particularly the turbo - I fear I'd have to give up my C if I ever move out west.  

On 4/8/2017 at 10:31 AM, carusoam said:

Ken,

Somebody was asking about putting a TN on their C the other day...

You might want to find that thread.  You may be able to share some experience.

The benefits are everybody gets to learn something about what you have. This could help sell your fine bird.

got any engine pictures?

Best regards,

-a-

I would also like to know. If I could put a Turbo in my C I'd do it in a heartbeat. 12,000' DA days suck.