(KFMY) Fort Myers Page Field FBO

XXX

Florida Mooniacs, I have a story to tell you about a great FBO. I had a lunch meeting scheduled in Cape Coral, so I called the FBO (Base Operations) at KFMY yesterday and let them know I would be coming in and needed a rental car. I followed that crazy cold front down the west coast and arrived at Ft. Myers as the clouds were dispersing. When I pulled up to the ramp, the line guys flagged me over to a tie down spot and helped me push back and tie down (I had pre-arranged shutting down at my parking spot because I will no longer allow a tug to be used on my Mooney). While I was unloading, one of the guys brought my rental to the plane and offered to help with my bags.  These guys were waiting for me and did exactly what I had requested the prior day. I went into the FBO building and changed for my meeting, signed the rental documents and was off to my appointment.

When I returned, I got to spend some time admiring the building. There is a full scale replica of a P51 hanging in the lobby, a T6 out front and numerous memorabilia relating to WWII (Page field was used by the United States Army Air Forces Third Air Force for antisubmarine patrols and conventional bomber training in the B-24). The restrooms are clean as a whistle, there is a pilot gift store, a snack room, lounge and the pilot's recreation room even has a pool table. Everyone was polite, accommodating and made me feel appreciated. They also have free cookies and make hot dogs every Friday. Oh, and 100LL is only $3.65 (self serve) and they waive any tie down fees even if you do self serve, try finding that at any of those fancy east coast airports.

Page is the most convenient airport to Sanibel, Captiva, Bokeelia, Cayo Costa and Pine Island sound. If you are looking for a weekend getaway or a month long vacation, there is no more beautiful area in Florida. So don't delay, fly on down to KFMY and say hello to the nice folks at Base Operations. 

IMG_20170406_172800559.jpg

IMG_20170406_172823449.jpg

IMG_20170406_172835630.jpg

• Like 4

Hi there, Mooniacs! I hope I'm not intruding, but Chupacabra invited me to check out MooneySpace as we were chatting last week at Base Operations. My name is Erin, and I'm the marketing coordinator for Base Operations at Page Field. I really appreciate the kind comments about the FBO and airport. It's always nice to hear about what we're doing well. Just a reminder that we have our Fly-in Fridays every week, so if you drop in between 1100 and 1300 you'll get a free hot dog lunch and probably some nice pilot talk in the cafe. I probably won't be in the office this Friday, but if you stop by any other time, ask for Erin and I will come say hello! Thanks again to Steve for a great conversation - I hope we will see you around again! Happy flying, everyone!

• Like 5

We are also regulars at Base Ops (KFMY). The staff is outstanding – they always go out of their way for us – and the facility is great.

We had a great time meeting BradB there today, and everyone's favorite tower controller Becki was also there.

Brad has a gorgeous Acclaim!

image.jpeg.665b33a0b36f775257196160f2f75a97.jpeg

(Thanks @gsxrpilot!)

Edited by Deb
Added reoriented picture
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Deb said:

We are also regulars at Base Ops (KFMY). The staff is outstanding – they always go out of their way for us – and the facility is great.

We had a great time meeting BradB there today, and everyone's favorite tower controller Becki was also there.

Today was fun!  Erie, PA to Ft Myers and then a great greeting on arrival!    It was fun to meet up with David and @Deb and my favorite tower controller at KFMY!   The power of mooneyspace.  And David and @Deb are too modest.  Their ovation is a great looking bird.  Try living with a white belly, you'll understand why I have to wash and wax it constantly.  

Brad.   

• Like 1