Advice on this particular Bravo for sale

Kraig,

You might want to start a thread specific to your aircraft.

It isn't too hard if you haven't started one before.  Getting it to show up in the for sale section is about the only challenge...

Nothing wrong with the post here.  Just thinking bigger picture if BigAir has changed direction...

If you have done this already, consider copying the link here.

Best regards,

-a-

Ask when the tanks were last sealed.  I have a 93 that was completely redone in 2008 from a cosmetic stand point and engine and prop a bit later but I didnt think to ask about tanks.  Have had a few troubles. Got it fixed for the time being but a complete reseal is in my future sometime between tomorrow and 2020.  I paid 150,000 for 1993 10/10 cosmetics, 160 on engine and prop 890 on Airframe. TKS.  Original Avionics.....that looks to be a Beautiful airplane Looks to be a value if it all checks out, plz buy and get it off the mkt to protect the rest of us's equity 

My experience with helping new purchasers bring back "cheap" Bravos and transition training them (ironically they were purchased in Florida, but could have come from anywhere); you get what you pay for.  This is an older one with to me average avionics, no ADS-B.  Questions to ask: How many hours on the engine ( a Reman installed, about $75,000)? What kind of gear actuator does to have?  A Plessey;  add $15,000 to replace with a new actuator at backspring time. Pre SN 107, crappy brakes (this one is pre SN 107).  I think I will say no more...

The earlier Bravo's had a few things that were later changed as Don Kaye mentioned. His earlier bird took a few $$$ to bring up to current spec as will all of the older ones if the previous owner had not done it already as in Don's case. Don is right, I have seen a few cheap Bravos that I also transition trained the new owners in (Ironically from CA :) I guess the earlier ones live everywhere) that they needed to sink some $ into that when completed, were as much as a good no squawk Bravo they passed on, only older.

Bravo's are no different than any plane in this regard, you do get what you pay for, or you will pay for it eventually to get what you thought you were getting for a bargain.

• Like 1