Mooney Fly-In, Harris Ranch, CA

MooneyMitch

Let's do it !  3O8, Harris Ranch Saturday, May 6.

Arrivals beginning 11 AM ish. We can hang around the aircraft parking area for awhile judging others landings (always fun), then short walk to restaurants at noon.

Harris is a neat strip.  If you haven't been in, you'll enjoy the narrow runway.   

Again, this is all quite informal.  If you can, come on!  If you can't, no problem, we'll do more Moone Fly-ins (or flyouts if you wish).

We're not counting participants here, but if we hear enough possible solid commitments ahead of May 6 (we understand, things can always change for you), we'll attempt to make a reservation at the restaurant.

This is simply another quality excuse to have fun flying your Mooney someplace!:D

My wife is out of town that week and she just told me tonight "We need to go to Harrison Ranch!" as she cut her 4 ounce steak at Macaroni Grill tonight. She was finished in about two bites. I might go anyways.

On 4/5/2017 at 9:46 AM, Skates97 said:

Hmmm... 30' wide runway, I'd better practice a little more...:blink:

I've got it on the calendar.

It's honestly not that bad. The best practice you can do is just take off and land ON the centerline whenever you land or take off somewhere and keep it there. If you can do that you can do 3O8 with no problem. I was a little intimidated before I did it but after you do it once I don't think it's all that intimidating anymore.

54 minutes ago, flyboy0681 said:

I know what you mean. I've driven past it on I-5 and the stench is absolutely incredible.

That's the smell of agriculture, my friend!  You really do get used to it...

be thankful for the people whose livelihood is rooted in that environment, and for what they bring to your table. 

The porterhouse at Harris Ranch really is a succulent work of art!

Edited by M016576

I'd sure like to make the Harris Ranch trip. I used to grab a steak there every couple of years when I lived in the Bay Area. Fun fly in and great steaks... what's not to like?

But May 6th is my birthday and my stepson is giving me an awesome present: He's graduating from college that day!

He attends the University of Northern Colorado in Greeley, which shares the Harris Ranch stench. Lots of feed lots. No great steak houses, though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joe Zuffoletto said:

I had a phenomenal steak in Buenos Aires back in 1994 but can't remember the name of the restaurant. Which one do you recommend? Might be the same one. 

Joe,

I sent you a PM to avoid thread drift. Anyone else interested in good steak in Buenos Aires just PM me.

Steve

On 4/9/2017 at 10:27 PM, NotarPilot said:

If you ever get a chance, check out Buenos Aires. I'll tell you exactly where to go too.

Now that my Navy days are over, my odds of making it down to Buenos Aires are slim... but if I do, I'll hit you up!

1 hour ago, StinkBug said:

Just a note, that's the same weekend as the Chino Air show. As much as I like meeting up with Mooney folk, I'll be watching warbirds instead.

Yep, sure knew that, but for those that don't go to the wonderful Chino event, this is a little option if you wish.  Thank you for posting StinkBug.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2017 at 9:10 AM, MooneyMitch said:

Arrivals beginning 11 AM ish. We can hang around the aircraft parking area for awhile judging others landings (always fun), then short walk to restaurants at noon.

Harris is a neat strip.  If you haven't been in, you'll enjoy the narrow runway.   

Again, this is all quite informal.  If you can, come on!  If you can't, no problem, we'll do more Moone Fly-ins (or flyouts if you wish).

We're not counting participants here, but if we hear enough possible solid commitments ahead of May 6 (we understand, things can always change for you), we'll attempt to make a reservation at the restaurant.

This is simply another quality excuse to have fun flying your Mooney someplace!:D

Hello all Mooney folks.

Just bumping this back in the spotlight for just a bit.......just in case you forgot, you got your airplane out of annual, you have money for fuel now :P, etc............  we do hope you can fly out of XXX and fly in to 3O8, just for fun! 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2017 at 1:26 AM, NotarPilot said:

My wife is out of town that week and she just told me tonight "We need to go to Harrison Ranch!" as she cut her 4 ounce steak at Macaroni Grill tonight. She was finished in about two bites. I might go anyways.

It's honestly not that bad. The best practice you can do is just take off and land ON the centerline whenever you land or take off somewhere and keep it there. If you can do that you can do 3O8 with no problem. I was a little intimidated before I did it but after you do it once I don't think it's all that intimidating anymore.

Hey - If Notar is going to make I certainly will! :D

• Like 1

On 4/25/2017 at 11:40 AM, MooneyMitch said:

Hello all Mooney folks.

This update re-posting is not meant to try and upstage your recent proposed Texas Mooney Fly-In at all............It's just a last reminder for those that can come next Saturday to Harris Ranch!  If you're not able to come, we will put up some more future Mooney flying opportunities..............always open for suggestions of course! :) 

Again, this is all quite informal.  If you can, come on!  If you can't, no problem, we'll do more Mooney Fly-ins (or flyouts if you wish).