Insurance Suggestions?

3 hours ago, Marauder said:

So he is not just a knuckle busting DPE?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

He is still that, he was my guy for my IFRating, I had strong words aimed at him during on of the approachs, he kept riding the pedals, trying to see what I'd do, I ended up telling him I was throwing him out the f%}^ door if he didn't stop, we've been friends and mutual clients since, go figure. He is tough

• Like 1

Just now, Danb said:

He is still that, he was my guy for my IFRating, I had strong words aimed at him during one of the approachs, he kept riding the pedals, trying to see what I'd do, I ended up telling him I was throwing him out the f%}^ door if he didn't stop, we've been friends and mutual clients since, go figure. He is tough

Ill start retraining with him right after tax season, he gets me back going after a long winter at the desk

21 hours ago, flight2000 said:

When the heck did USAA start doing aviation insurance???  I've been a member since 1997 and this is the first time I've heard this.  :o

I know they won't do loans on aircraft, because I asked...

Brian

P.S. Also with Travers.  They had my Mooney and then my current Beech since 2009.  Best rates I found, especially on the Bo.

They were my first call when I bought my Mooney in '07, they told me they insured everything except personal aircraft. So I haven't tried again. I had a local broker in WV, he wouldn't cover me when I moved to Alabama, so I ended up with Cliff at Falcon for a third less . . . . He even emails me about a month the before expiration so I can go through my logbook and add up hours, etc. My broker was always too busy for that, I had to call him at renewal time (fortunately I never missed it, but I came close a couple times).

1 hour ago, AZM20C said:

I went with AOPA after getting quotes from Falcon and several other carriers. AOPA was slightly lower in price than Falcon for me.  I am a low time pilot with no Mooney time. Good luck. 

AOPA was the best quote for me as a 0 time Mooney pilot as well. A few hundred hours later, Falcon was easily able to match AOPA.

Interesting... I've used that for other vendors, but my Falcon rep strongly suggested I shouldn't do this... maybe it's just my rep.

I've got falcon And do a check online. Never been an issue. Hope you're doing well brother, need to come see your bird!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/5/2017 at 8:55 PM, flight2000 said:

When the heck did USAA start doing aviation insurance???  I've been a member since 1997 and this is the first time I've heard this.  :o

Brian

P.S. Also with Travers.  They had my Mooney and then my current Beech since 2009.  Best rates I found, especially on the Bo.

USAA doesn't do aviation (I'm a 44 year member), they just lateral you off somewhere (I think someone posted Falcon).

I wish the flyboy members (USAF) would pitch a fit, I'd join in. Stuart Parker (current CEO) is a pilot, might get some airtime there. My guess is that it is too complex a business and the return isn't there for them. They are, hands down, the absolute best auto insurance on the planet--just wish they were into aviation.

I use Travers too, good company.

1 hour ago, HRM said:

USAA doesn't do aviation (I'm a 44 year member), they just lateral you off somewhere (I think someone posted Falcon).

I wish the flyboy members (USAF) would pitch a fit, I'd join in. Stuart Parker (current CEO) is a pilot, might get some airtime there. My guess is that it is too complex a business and the return isn't there for them. They are, hands down, the absolute best auto insurance on the planet--just wish they were into aviation.

I use Travers too, good company.

Yes, it is Falcon that they send you to. They have a USAA Department at Falcon that takes care of you. 

• Like 1

So, I'm going with Falcon via USAA. I tried every recommendation in this thread and they came in $50 cheaper than AOPA, which oddly enough was the same company who I was quoted with via Falcon, same coverage, same hours, I just got a USAA discount.

As to the USAA car insurance. I dropped them awhile back for all insurance (home and auto). Apparently there's a specific set of demographic benchmarks that once hit qualify you for coverage by some companies that only cover a select few. I was stunned to hear it when I qualified. They rolled up my house and two cars, doubled the coverage, lowered the deductible by far ($10k deductible on my house went to $1000) and it all came in lower than my car insurance was with USAA before.

Customer service is better too. I have one point of contact, I can email and get an answer back in about an hour, call the direct line or his cell phone if necessary. I actually had a problem when it came down to a claim with USAA. I had a BMW under warranty that had a very bad electrical problem that ended up being recalled (the entire fuse box would melt and fry the electrical system). Mine fried the second I pulled into my driveway. They were going to tow it to the nearest USAA service center (which would had left me paying for a $13kish repair). BMW wasn't covering the tow. I called and explained it needed to go to a dealer to be serviced under warranty/recall, the rep agreed, noted it in my file and sent someone. The whole way to the dealer I was harassed by various different reps calling me and telling me I had to pay, threatening etc. I escalated to a senior rep who saw the note in the file and eventually fixed it, but dealing with that was enough.

Edited by gitmo234