El Rosario

KLRDMD

This is my very first video upload to Youtube. It is with my 4K Fly360 camera (you may control the camera through 360º but cannot use Safari as a browser to do so). The camera is on the glare shield and there is glare and tinting but the image quality was severely degraded in the upload. I'll have to look into that. This was departing Dimante Del Mar airstrip near El Rosario Mexico on the Baja. It was a Flying Samaritans trip. I go on 5-6 of these trips per yer including this weekend again. I'll see about getting better views this trip.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, carusoam said:

The 360 stretch makes it a bit funny to take in.

If you're using Safari as the browser it will look funny and you won't be able to control the camera angle.

4 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I think all you need was some Pink Floyd playing in the background and a bong filled with Panama Red. That was a weird video to watch, especially seeing the split cockpit. Clouds were cool to watch though.

I think that's the view you get in Safari, try it in Chrome and it will allow you to pan 360º and give you a more proper view that you can control. Also, make sure to change the resolution to the highest HD, it defaults to lower.

• Like 1

Ok...

safari is out.  Do not use...

1) download chrome. Takes about 30 seconds.

2) search and find YouTube.

3) in YouTube, search for departing el Rosario...

4) realize you are getting an all dark screen or all white screen and keep waiting for something... don't stop here...

5) touch the screen and move your finger around...

6) enjoy the show!

7) if you want to skip the chrome steps... go directly to YouTube app on the iPad.  That seemed to work pretty well.  The sound is really good too.  If it weren't so late we would be tuning up the theater with surround sound.

Thanks Ken.  That's pretty interesting.  There is a tool for setting the video definition when viewing... i  set it to 1080P, the highest choice.

There may be some challenges with the brightness of the outdoors and darkness of the back seats.

keep the videos coming, I'll keep experimenting in the viewing department...

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam

3 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Thanks Ken.  That's pretty interesting.

Make sure to change the resolution to the highest HD setting possible. I need to figure out how to get better image quality . . .

• Like 1

Holy cow!

i unleashed the power of the YouTube, and iPad, while walking around the house....  looking around ken's cabin using the iPad as a window into his life...

trying to broadcast it through an Apple TV to share it on the big screen seems to lose the 360° part again.  Probably a dozen settings to review.

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam

Just now, carusoam said:

Holy cow! i unleashed the power of the YouTube, and iPad, while walking around the house....  looking around ken's cabin using the iPad as a window into his life...

LOL !!!