What type of radio antenna do I have???

I want to order a cover and when I call them I don't want to prove to them I'm an idiot when I don't know what type of antenna I have and try to explain what it looks like....:) I'll let you all know I'm an idiot though:)

fc49510d17f7f62e427799ccb66fef87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you spell that antenna's name...?   7 or Seven?

You're going to need a picture from the other side to support your description though.

Jim Cancil would know what you meant.

The cover guys generally know where the antennae are and what the choices are.  They just need to know to use the right design that they already made.

Use extra care if your antennae are not original from Mooney.

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam

I want to order a cover and when I call them I don't want to prove to them I'm an idiot when I don't know what type of antenna I have and try to explain what it looks like....default_smile.png I'll let you all know I'm an idiot though:)

fc49510d17f7f62e427799ccb66fef87.jpg

I have heard to it referred to as the "600 knot" antenna. I had two of them on my plane at one time.

Newer versions look more like this:
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/avpages/comant211.php

41eedb191a6423bafdc9967dbcdf9d72.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

I have heard to it referred to as the "600 knot" antenna. I had two of them on my plane at one time.

Newer versions look more like this:
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/avpages/comant211.php

41eedb191a6423bafdc9967dbcdf9d72.jpg

I wonder if I'm out of rigging because I'm a long ways away from 600 knots.... or is that what I get for running lop?:)

I wonder if I'm out of rigging because I'm a long ways away from 600 knots.... or is that what I get for running lop?default_smile.png

I don't think if you went up to your service ceiling and dove straight down you would reach 600 knots.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 4/4/2017 at 7:50 PM, OR75 said:

Comant CI-156 antenna 

Does anyone know what the antenna looks like inside? The outer shell is plastic and is filled with polyurethane, but I am curious as to what the antenna (metal) looks like inside there.

Does anyone know what the antenna looks like inside? The outer shell is plastic and is filled with polyurethane, but I am curious as to what the antenna (metal) looks like inside there.

I just replaced my defective one. Want me to cut it open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1