Lopresti Super 201 Cowling for $4,500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/132140272869
That's potentially a good deal.  Requires a call to Lopresti and ask how much the missing parts will cost you though. 
You will need the gear doors, air box, lower donuts, and the windshield piece for starters......

And the 201 style spinner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, Mooney_Mike said:

That's potentially a good deal.  Requires a call to Lopresti and ask how much the missing parts will cost you though. 

You will need the gear doors, air box, lower donuts, and the windshield piece for starters......

Cool!

4 hours ago, Mooney_Mike said:

4 hours ago, Marauder said:

And the 201 style spinner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, mike20papa said:

Don't forget about the cost to transfer the STC to your N number.

Sounds like I should just buy a J model instead. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LevelWing said:

Sounds like I should just buy a J model instead. :P

That cowl was designed to be an upgrade for the J actually. It was not designed to convert an F to a J as many folks assume. However, it can be fitted to an E or F.

• 3 years later...

Here’s a couple of photos of what I’m working on. Lower cowling has been fit and camlocs installed. Upper cowling has been trimmed and will hope to get camlocs installed this week. Minor fitbissue with the left cowl flap to work out yet.

David

1BC65399-FEA1-4895-95DF-F8D3FAB58D7A.jpeg

D90DCFE4-7720-4217-8797-F0E009A23CE5.jpeg

4 hours ago, Jesse20 said:

Hello Everyone, did this item sell on eBay also does anyone know we're I can get a used lo presto cowling kit for my M20F I already have the windshield relocated oil cooler.

There was a gentleman in Canada (Calgary) that had one for sale on the Buy/Sell pages a couple months ago. Not sure if he still has it or not. 

2 minutes ago, Jesse20 said:

Looking good are you planning to sell these or is this a one off for your plane 

Looking to sell them in the future. The plan is to get them STC’d. I have a commitment to install one on Marauders F model as he’s been waiting quite some time now. 
David

2 hours ago, Jesse20 said:

Looking good are you planning to sell these or is this a one off for your plane 

He was hoping to retire by selling enough of them to Mooney owners, but we all know how frugal they are!

Clarence

Welcome aboard Jesse...

If you go to the top of the page...

You should see a forums button...

Click the forums, find the Aircraft Classifieds button...

If you did all that, and still don’t see it...

It might be a two step process...

There is a donate button at the bottom of the page that limits some of the commercial activities around here...

Unfortunately, I don’t remember how it works...

Best regards,

-a-

See if this helps any...

It may be too much reading...

But it gives a hint how the search function works around here...

David Lopresti has stopped by a few times over the years...  you might uncover his screen name...

https://mooneyspace.com/search/?&q=Lopresti&page=4&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

Best regards,

-a-

15 hours ago, M20Doc said:

He was hoping to retire by selling enough of them to Mooney owners, but we all know how frugal they are!

Clarence

true, but judging by how fast the gofundme got knocked out for the johnson bar lock, they'll loosen the purse strings when it's warranted.  :lol:

• Haha 1