Garmin 335 transponder deal

For those who are waiting for a reasonable deal for equipping a panel w/o a waas gps for adsb the Garmin 335 might be a good choice. The part number is K10-00276-03 and the list MAP price is 3 amu's.  I'm guessing it will be fairly easy, with some calling around, to find a dealer willing to mark off a couple hundred from the MAP price. Also Garmin is not requiring this certified unit to be installed by a shop. You can buy it and install it yourself under the guidance of an IA.  Some thrifty individuals might be able to complete the process with the $500 rebate for under 2.5 amu's. 

Edited by Godfather
  • Like 1

Since we are talking about the new GTX transponders, for those of you installing them, are you getting them with or without the WAAS GPS? The reason I am asking is I flew over the weekend with another Mooney owner who bought one without.

I was under the impression, even if you have a WAAS GPS in the panel, if you lost the GPS having the WAAS GPS in the GTX, it would still feed your iPad. True?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

4 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

Gulf Coast had signs everywhere at Sun N Fun with this deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sitting at home with a broken leg so I wasn't at Sun and Fun.  Hoping to find this deal online.  I'll call Gulf Coast on Monday.

• 4 months later...

I just had a GTX335 installed in my '66 E, replacing the old KT76A. I've flown with it twice so far and it works great. I especially like the pressure altitude display which appears spot-on. It was about $4000 installed, and the FAA rebate was easy and painless. I use Garmin Pilot and have a GDL 39 3D, so I already had ADSB-In, but according to Garmin this combination should enhance traffic awareness although I'm not sure about this. Entering squawk codes sure is easy now. I recommend the GTX335...

53 minutes ago, Dan M20E '66 said:

I just had a GTX335 installed in my '66 E, replacing the old KT76A. I've flown with it twice so far and it works great. I especially like the pressure altitude display which appears spot-on. It was about $4000 installed, and the FAA rebate was easy and painless. I use Garmin Pilot and have a GDL 39 3D, so I already had ADSB-In, but according to Garmin this combination should enhance traffic awareness although I'm not sure about this. Entering squawk codes sure is easy now. I recommend the GTX335...

What are you "not sure" about enhanced traffic awareness?  Now, with ADS-B out, you'll get traffic from the GDL 39 all of the time, instead of some of the time - it's a huge enhancement.  

2 hours ago, Dan M20E '66 said:

$4000 installed is a great deal since the install included labor for installing the WAAS antenna.