Garmin Pilot 8.7 Release

Yes, the third device is great. If only that was available a few months ago on our renewal date and we could have saved an IFR subscription for my wife. But also very cool is the added support for Jepp products with the DB Concierge service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't know if it is related to this topic but I ask anyway.

I filed last IFR plan when I came down to FL two months ago. I filed only on my GP app. Never on FLTPLAN.com. But I have an account with FLTPLAN.com. I always got ATC proposed route back to my Garmin Pilot App and email from FTLPLAN.com with the proposed route and it was updated few times before I took off. And it was pretty accurate I have to say. 

But last few times I tried to file IFR I got nothing from either Garmin ( except confirmation email that plan will be filed) or from FLTPLAN.com. 

Any ideas. Thanks

53 minutes ago, MooneyBob said:

I don't know if it is related to this topic but I ask anyway.

I filed last IFR plan when I came down to FL two months ago. I filed only on my GP app. Never on FLTPLAN.com. But I have an account with FLTPLAN.com. I always got ATC proposed route back to my Garmin Pilot App and email from FTLPLAN.com with the proposed route and it was updated few times before I took off. And it was pretty accurate I have to say. 

But last few times I tried to file IFR I got nothing from either Garmin ( except confirmation email that plan will be filed) or from FLTPLAN.com. 

Any ideas. Thanks

99% percent of the time its because the flight plan was filed with an unintended time - like local instead of Zulu or vice versa.  

Well, I just got the phone with Jeppesen. They changed their subscription system and are offering now a subscription service for my gtn 750 and 640, US$ 950 full US, navdata, safetaxi, etc. and approaches. The only limitation is only two portable devices.

I had some issues today with my Garmin pilot 8.71. I tried to file a DC SFRA flight plan from my mini iPad and the app crashed so bad that I had to delete the app and reinstall it from scratch. I also tried to do the same with my iPhone and the app also crashed but I did not need to reinstall it. After reinstalling the app I tried to do it again with the same results. It seems that the problem is with the DC SFRA filling, as I have no problem fling IFR or VFR flight plans.

I had some issues today with my Garmin pilot 8.71. I tried to file a DC SFRA flight plan from my mini iPad and the app crashed so bad that I had to delete the app and reinstall it from scratch. I also tried to do the same with my iPhone and the app also crashed but I did not need to reinstall it. After reinstalling the app I tried to do it again with the same results. It seems that the problem is with the DC SFRA filling, as I have no problem fling IFR or VFR flight plans.

Let us know if it gets resolved. I saw they already issued 8.7.1 for other bugs. Wonder if 8.7.2 is around the corner?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I posted my question about Garmin Pilot on another Forum (our dearest Beach friends...:-)). The Garmin rep responded saying basically that they were aware of the problem and that in 8.7.2 the issue would be resolved.

Oscar

Hey Oscar! 8.7.2 just posted on the App Store to fix the SFRA filing problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Just now, midlifeflyer said:

@Marauder, does "multiple devices" mean both iOS and Android. IOW, on an iPad and an Android phone or tablet?

The "multiple devices" was them opening up on the iOS version to allow 3 devices to have it loaded. I am not sure how this impacts the Android platform.