NYC AME Recommendations

32 minutes ago, Sherman18 said:

DC, unless you need a class 1 or 2 medical, why not wait until May 1, and never need an FAA  medical again.

(https://www.aopa.org/advocacy/pilots/medical/fit-to-fly-pilots)

I'd like to be able to fly internationally (e.g., Canada) and my understanding is that this would not be possible without an FAA medical.

I believe you are correct.  The good thing is that unless you plan a trip to Canada or Mexico within the next few weeks, it kind of takes the urgency off of getting a medical, and allows you to take your time to find a good AME.  Where are you based?  I found the best way to find out just about anything local, is to ask the guys at the airport.  They invariably know the best local people for everything!

11 hours ago, DC_Mooniac said:

I recently moved to NYC and need to have my medical done this month.  Any recommendations for local AMEs?  Thanks!

If you just moved to New York City finding an AME is the least of your problems!:)