Garmin to Avidyne:)

So I had my IFD540 updated to 10.20 this week and my first fight was today.  I must be doing something wrong, I cant get the SVS tab at all and I still cant get FSR, I'm running the data base that came with the update, any ideas, I've never had FSR.

1 hour ago, FBCK said:

So I had my IFD540 updated to 10.20 this week and my first fight was today.  I must be doing something wrong, I cant get the SVS tab at all and I still cant get FSR, I'm running the data base that came with the update, any ideas, I've never had FSR.

The update does not come with a database.  Updating Nav, Charts, etc is separate from the 10.2 update.

Go to the AUX button and then SYS and verify that it says 10.2

Yes, something just doesn't seem to be working, to the manual I guess.

Manual? What is this word you type of????:) Hope you get it figured out. I hope to do the 10.2 update this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It turns out that even after 10.20 was installed in my unit, the WIFI, Bluetooth and SVS functions where not activated because they are add on services, paid extras. You can buy the unit without them, I had bought the whole meal deal and Avidyne is sending me the file to correct the situation.

On 4/29/2017 at 0:37 PM, FBCK said:

The Nav data and obstacles reads Feb 2017 and yes I checked, up adapted to 10.20 in the setup.

Same thing happened to mine when I did the 10.2 upgrade.  Have you had a chance to update to the current nav data cycle to see what happens?

8 hours ago, FBCK said:

It turns out that even after 10.20 was installed in my unit, the WIFI, Bluetooth and SVS functions where not activated because they are add on services, paid extras. You can buy the unit without them, I had bought the whole meal deal and Avidyne is sending me the file to correct the situation.

Sounds like whoever did the upgrade did not read and follow the instructions to the letter. It appears they did not input your tail number in the appropriate location before doing the update. From the 10.2 install manual:

*Critical** Confirm the aircraft tail number has been properly set prior to performing this update. Failure to set this field may cause some options to become disabled following the update. Specifically ExoView aka SynVis, WIFI, Bluetooth and FLTA500.

• Like 1

On May 5, 2017 at 2:59 AM, Hyett6420 said:

Not sure if anyone has answered this yet Ned, but that is a bug in app.  Just ignoree that message and coninue and it works.  Solution i found on google, put up by avidyne.  Possibly sorted now as they were going to put out a bug fix.

Not completely true. The IFD100 & IFD panel mount need to have the same version of charts. Every time you download the update for your panel mount go to the IFD100 app and update it with the Jepp login screen. Also, be sure to go to the settings on the IFD100 and select which panel mount you have. It will still work if the wrong one is selected but you will not have all the information (weather, traffic, fuel flow) on the app.

On 4/26/2017 at 8:06 AM, gsxrpilot said:

I AM though, envious of @donkaye's panel... and the airplane wrapped around it. But I know my limitations. ;)

It truely is something and spared no expense!From a cost basis it's just not for everyone ,especially if you are one of the 50,000 430/530 owners

On 4/26/2017 at 11:17 AM, jetdriven said:

I don't think it's anywhere near 50k units. I tried to pin Joe Conte down and get him to admit they have shipped 10k units and he wouldn't confirm it. Which means they haven't.  They would be boasting otherwise. 

10k total combined 430/530 units...I know of a single shop owner ,who in 20 years thinks he and his father alone have done over a thousand...or 50 a year (many double installs)...Considering how many I have personally seen ,flown or owned ,I don't believe that 10,000 units worldwide for a minute!

On 5/12/2017 at 4:44 PM, LANCECASPER said:

Joe Conte works for Avidyne not Garmin

Jet driven and I are talking out of context I see...he's talking Avadyne units  shipped and I am talking potential Avadyne replacements for  aging Garmin 430/530s without costly Panel rip outs...of course all the shops are pushing the Garmin big screens...when I had both of my avadynes upgraded to 10.2 ,the shop owner casually mention who did the installs..I replied,I did using the Avadyne install manual /kit for new owners.I had My I A review paper work and supplied logbook entries and he replied all looks good..

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Pulled the trigger this morning to schedule my ADSB install. I'll be going with the AXP340 and the Skytrax100 and maybe a few other panel upgrades. I'm having Barry Foote do the install. I've been taking to him for the last month or so and anyone in the PNW that has used him say he is great. He will be coming to me so I save a lot right there. Chase at Avionics Source will be setting me up with all the avionics. I was originally planning to just install the Stratus ESGi for a quick and cheap upgrade. But the outlook for Avidyne, and their IFD100 app will make it worth it to me. "Hopefully"!!!!:)

• Like 1

That sounds expensive..do you have to pay his travel time?

Nope, his quote was less than half of what Pacific Coast was in labor. And I save about $500 buying the avionics from Chase and not through PC.