KFRG Republic FBO Recommendation

Sheltair gets my vote. Easy in and out and no where near the cost of Atlantic. Better service too IMHO.

For customs - call 631-753-2691 at least 48 hours prior to your trip to schedule a time. All customs clearances are done at the main terminal (Bravo and B3 taxiways). If you have passengers they can be met by their ground transportation there and then you taxi over to Sheltair. 

6 hours ago, Garryowen said:

Sheltair gets my vote. Easy in and out and no where near the cost of Atlantic. Better service too IMHO.

For customs - call 631-753-2691 at least 48 hours prior to your trip to schedule a time. All customs clearances are done at the main terminal (Bravo and B3 taxiways). If you have passengers they can be met by their ground transportation there and then you taxi over to Sheltair. 

Unfortunately, customs has a pile of reservations at the three airports they cover.  No customs slots available between 10:00 and 16:30, so we'll just clear in Buffalo.  I was just checking and realised that it was at Sheltair in St. Petersburg KSPG) Albert Whitted (Florida) that we got great, friendly service when we were there in January.

I was just there on two occasions. Talon air was great. Took very good care of me. I believe they are relatively new. Beautiful facilities.  Best fuel prices too. 

Regards, Frank

Edited by Bravoman

That is an interesting connection...

For anyone wanting to visit NYC...

1) Fly into Farmingale.

2) Get dropped off at the LIRR.  (Long Island Rail Road)

3) Take the LIRR into Manhattan...

Thanks for sharing those details.

Best regards,

-a-

I was based at FRG for many years.  Nice bunch of people in general, but I hated the landing fee!  The trip on the railroad to Penn station is about 1.5 hours, but it is a pleasant, quiet and safe ride.  A really great way to get into Manhattan without any hassle.

By the way, FRG is a heavy flight training base, so unless you arrive at off hours (weekdays during the day), expect delays in getting you on the ground.  In addition, it is an ATC training field, so the people in the tower are also learning! 

Have a great trip!