Ride share to Don Maxwell's

Geoff

Anyone need a ride to Longview the weekend of April 8/9th? I'm headed up from Houston to drop off the plane for an annual.

Open to San Antonio Austin or other points in between.

Perfect situation is if I give you a ride up you give me a ride back!

On March 31, 2017 at 8:00 PM, Geoff said:

Anyone need a ride to Longview the weekend of April 8/9th? I'm headed up from Houston to drop off the plane for an annual.

Open to San Antonio Austin or other points in between.

Perfect situation is if I give you a ride up you give me a ride back!

Looks like you will be thumbing it Geoff. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Bus to Houston was 4.5 hours complete with wifi and opportunities for cultural enhancement with the other 10 passengers. 

Not bad but I prefer to travel by Mooney as we all do.

Annual was clean. Now I want to fly!

• Like 1

Sent from my iPhone
Geoff I would appreciate if you would call me. I would like to talk about your experience with Don. I have a Mooney and need to get its first annual since I purchased the plane. It's in Houston and I am looking for the best place to have it done. Thanks Jerrod 661-972-7223

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@jerrodmonaghan if you can get into Don's shop, you won't be disappointed. Many, if not most of us on this board have had our planes into Don's shop for annuals. His shop is widely regarded as one of the best Mooney shops in the country. I live here in Texas so Don is convenient, but I have friends on both coasts who regularly take their Mooney's all the way to KGGG for their annuals.

Just now, gsxrpilot said:

@jerrodmonaghan if you can get into Don's shop, you won't be disappointed. Many, if not most of us on this board have had our planes into Don's shop for annuals. His shop is widely regarded as one of the best Mooney shops in the country. I live here in Texas so Don is convenient, but I have friends on both coasts who regularly take their Mooney's all the way to KGGG for their annuals.

I bought my J from someone who had Don do his last 2 annuals. When it went into annual with my Mooney mechanic, it came out quickly and cheap. Nothing had been missed, everything was set in tolerance, and my mechanic was happy to not have to correct errors from prior annuals. And from the log entries, I would say Don's shop caught those the first time he did the annual.

13 hours ago, Zwaustin said:

How was your greyhound ride there? How did the annual turn out?

Feel like helping out another Mooniac?  Need a safety pilot for instrument currency? Want a reason to poke holes in the sky?  I'm your guy!

• Like 1

On May 2, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Geoff said:

Feel like helping out another Mooniac?  Need a safety pilot for instrument currency? Want a reason to poke holes in the sky?  I'm your guy!

A poet, and didn't know it. 

Hehe

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, N201MKTurbo said:

1 hour ago, wishboneash said:

I'll be taking my J to Don on Oct 16th from California. Any ride options to get back to Dallas on 16th evening? Thanks in advance.

There is an airline flight.

Two outbound flights a day GGG to DFW.  13:52 and 18:53.  

About 2.5 hour drive to the center of the metroplex. Enterprise will deliver a car to the airport for you. 

IMG_0043.PNG

1 hour ago, wishboneash said:

I was able to get a one-way rental car with AVIS from KGGG to KDFW for about $50 with a corporate discount. The Enterprise at Kilgore refused to accommodate me.

You should talk to Eric. He is at Maxwells right now and will be flying his Mooney back to Phoenix today or tomorrow.

6 hours ago, wishboneash said:

I was able to get a one-way rental car with AVIS from KGGG to KDFW for about $50 $80 with a corporate discount. The Enterprise at Kilgore refused to accommodate me.

They didnt have any cars, or didnt accommodate your conditions?

3 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

They didnt have any cars, or didnt accommodate your conditions?

They had cars, but wouldn't budge from the $100 or so extra charge for a one-way rental. I told them I would do another rental on the return from DFW to GGG and was there to pick up/drop off an aircraft at East Texas Regional. Also with the AVIS rental I just have to get to the other side of the field to pick up the car.