NEED COPIES OF MOONEY 262 STC AND AFMS

jkgyr52

HELLO! I am trying to find copies of the Coy Jacob's ModWorks 262 conversion from a 231 to the 262. Specifically I need a copy of the STC for a serial number prior SN: 25-1000. I also need a copy of the AFMS (Approved Flight Manual Supplement).

I would appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Jeff

Milotron,

Thanks. Is this the one that is the AFMS with "ModWorks" on the front page? I do have the pages that are the replacement for engine spec's and operation in the normal procedures section. I would appreciate you sending the one I need but don't want to waist your time otherwise.

Whatever way is the easiest for you and I am willing to pay whatever it costs.

THANK YOU AND SINCERELY

Jeff King    flyingfalconpllc@gmail.com

3 hours ago, jkgyr52 said:

Milotron was able to send me the AFMS!!!  I STILL NEED THE FIRST PAGE OF THE STC FOR INSTALLING A MB ENGINE IN A 231, HELP

Jeff

Just because there is an STC available doesn't mean that you are authorized to put it on your airplane.  STCs are normally issued by aircraft SN, and sold by the STC holder.  Some STCs require a specific shop (usually the STC holder) to perform the work.

Since an STC exists for the modification, a Field Approval by the FAA would be simplified.  Normally, in a case like that, the FAA will ask why you didn't buy the STC in the first place.

Would checking the FAA records be of assistance?

If your plane was modified using the STC, there is probably a whole record for it at the FAA.  Use your serial number to find it...

did you recently purchase your bird?  Did you get all the logs that came with it?

PP thoughts only, not an expert on these docs...

best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam

I have had this plane for 6 years and didn't know about needing a copy of the STC to upgrade to a JPI EDM 900, until now.

We could not find the STC in airplane paperwork which is very complete otherwise.

Mooney Mart is not around anymore and I found the STC number in FAA search database, but no copies available presently.

Someone in the Atlanta FSDO is seeing if a copy can be had from the archives.

Thanks for suggestions.

Jeff 

• Like 1

I have had this plane for 6 years and didn't know about needing a copy of the STC to upgrade to a JPI EDM 900, until now.
We could not find the STC in airplane paperwork which is very complete otherwise.
Mooney Mart is not around anymore and I found the STC number in FAA search database, but no copies available presently.
Someone in the Atlanta FSDO is seeing if a copy can be had from the archives.

Thanks for suggestions.

Jeff 

You can pull the FAA records for your plane and they will send you it on a CD. Might have it there. Someone posted in MooneySpace how to obtain it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6 hours ago, jkgyr52 said:

Andy,

I have the engine installed in my plane, I am just trying to find the STC documentation.

Jeff

1 hour ago, jkgyr52 said:

I have the FAA CD and it is not there.

Jeff

Yikes.  Good luck, please keep us posted. I've seen cases like this work out well, and others are really ugly. 

I hope yours works out well (and not expensive).