Acclaim with TKS wanted

L. Trotter

Looking for an Acclaim to replace my Ovation 3. TKS is a must. Don't care about WAAS. Budget around 350k.

I do have a couple major brokers looking. If you know some one who may want to sell....I'm very interested.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sherman18 said:

Sorry, I don't have a plane lead for you, but I just noticed the name of your base, and the FAA official who allowed an airport to be identified as KRAP should get a prize!

Coming in from the ESE, my wife pointed at the 430 and said  "it SUX to go to KRAP." VOR naming can be as bad as airport naming . . . Good luck in your search. Have you contacted Premier Aircraft? They still have an office in Auburn, AL, a half hour drive from  here. I'm heading to Auburn soon, I may pop in and check.

On 3/30/2017 at 2:04 PM, Sherman18 said:

Sorry, I don't have a plane lead for you, but I just noticed the name of your base, and the FAA official who allowed an airport to be identified as KRAP should get a prize!

That is a very entertaining observation! I have been based out of Rapid City for 15 years and never noticed this probable over site. I have said "crap" more than once during a tough approach in winter ice with 50kt winds down the run way and never realized my copilot was probably thinking I was referring to the airport identifier.

On 3/30/2017 at 2:40 PM, teejayevans said:

Have you considered Bravos, there are some certified for FIKI?

Yes, I have considered the Bravo. Whether a valid concern or not, I was not excited about the Lycoming costs for overhaul. Also, I have really grown to love the G1000 set up with the GFC700 auto pilot. I have seen some very beautiful Bravo's with nice updated panels. I just seem partial to a little newer plane....personal preference.

Yes, I have considered the Bravo. Whether a valid concern or not, I was not excited about the Lycoming costs for overhaul. Also, I have really grown to love the G1000 set up with the GFC700 auto pilot. I have seen some very beautiful Bravo's with nice updated panels. I just seem partial to a little newer plane....personal preference.

Have you looked at CMI's pricing for new/rebuilt TSIO550G? $85,000/$75,000. Yikes. I made the same decision wrt waas/gfc700/G1000. The TN is a great package.
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

I know it has been a while since you posted your interest in a TKS Acclaim but I want to let you know that I just posted my Acclaim for sale. It does have damage history but it was fixed right and that was over 5 years ago. 

https://mooneyspace.com/topic/23156-2007-mooney-acclaim-tks-fiki-waas-gfc-700/