ForeFlight 9 SXAR1 - Music

I'll be watching this one closely.  Now that there is music this is a viable alternative to the G496 I have yoke mounted to give me better (perceived) radar than ADSB.  What's I'm wondering is:

Will I be able to display ADSB traffic and SiriusXM weather simultaneously with Garmin Flightstream and the SXAR1 bluetooth connections?

Will I be able to stream the music from the SXAR1 via bluetooth to my PMA8000G audio panel?

http://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/siriusxm-aviation-receiver-sxar1.html?utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=DSA&adpos=1t2&creative=92642368582&device=t&matchtype=b&network=g&gclid=CO7gu6aR_dICFdqPswodIiAKEA

Portable XM device...

The 3.5 mm plug is not the same size as a mic input, is it?  If you intend to use a back seat mic input, make sure you get the right size.

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam

I have the GDL69A which provides Sat radio through my panel.  Its great to have.  I turn it on as soon as I get out the vicinity of the airport.  I can't stand talk radio or hard rock in the airplane though.  I definitely like to fly to mellow music.

Edited by jlunseth
  • Like 1

When I have new passengers onboard I give the standard airline speech just before I turn the radio off, "The entertainment portion of our flight has ended, please turn off and stow all electronics and make sure your seat belts are fastened and your seat back is in the upright and locked position."  It always gets a laugh, which is fun, but better than that, if they have had any anxiety about the flight and the upcoming landing, it goes away. 

• Like 1