Switch & Control Label,Overlay Renewal

I did a search, but maybe I did not use the right terms, so I apologize if this is a rehash of something thoroughly covered previously.

The lower portion of the panel where all the switches and Controls are located and labeled is in terrible condition.  Not easy to read and make the panel look ratty.  Surely others have dealt with this in the past.  What was your solution?  The overlay in '63 C is a brass looking color except where it is so corroded that you can vpbarely read the lettering.

5 hours ago, MBDiagMan said:

I did a search, but maybe I did not use the right terms, so I apologize if this is a rehash of something thoroughly covered previously.

The lower portion of the panel where all the switches and Controls are located and labeled is in terrible condition.  Not easy to read and make the panel look ratty.  Surely others have dealt with this in the past.  What was your solution?  The overlay in '63 C is a brass looking color except where it is so corroded that you can vpbarely read the lettering.

The breakers in my C, to the right of the right yoke, are labeled with paper. Test print them in various fonts until you find the right size, then reverse print for white letters of  a black background. Spray with a can of color oreservative, cut apart and glue on. It looks good on my  black panel . . . . Look to the edge of the picture. 

20161028_101636.thumb.jpg.4ce9e7959e635d9356cf936d317c2f23.jpg

Edited by Hank

I ran a search hoping a recent thread would come up where @"Chocks"

has posted some work he did for some Mooney panels...  

but, I'm Ofer two on finding that thread....

Try the search results here for some other ideas...

https://mooneyspace.com/search/

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam

Thanks for the responses!

It appears that even if I had an exact replacement in my hand it would be a BIG job to replace it.  I think all the cables and switches would have to be completely removed and replaced to replace the overlay.  It would certainly be something to do when the cowling is removed for another reason like at annual.  Maybe the area could be scrubbed enough to hold labels and then print labels like Hank did.

I know what each control is, but the whole brass overlay looks really bad.  The interior doesn't look good in general and I plan on addressing that, but I want this to look better too.

Thanks again

20 hours ago, carusoam said:

I ran a search hoping a recent thread would come up where "@chocks" has posted some work he did for some Mooney panels...

but, I'm Ofer two on finding that thread....

Try the search results here for some other ideas...

https://mooneyspace.com/search/

Best regards,

-a-

This is what you're looking for.

• Like 1