Ultras Certified!

KSMooniac

:-)  Me too!  I bought it for $500 when I was in high school.  And .... it even worked!  It was one darned ugly ugly car, but darned it worked!

Mine was kept running by a parts car in a u-pull-it yard. It was red and mine started out blue. By the time I sold it it had a red trunk and two red doors. It was a blast. We cut the exhaust in front of the muffler and was louder than any of the mustangs:) but not in a good way. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyFromCB said:

As opposed to a M20M landing in a school yard full of kids at 70knots vs 19knots under the parachute?

The usefulness of the A/C is not at FL180. It's when the tarmac is 180F and you're waiting for your release.

And I assure you, a SR22T will hit 200knots with no issues. Let me find you a nice photo. I'll be back.

And if you're saying Perspective is a renamed G1000 then you truly have no idea what you are talking about. Cirrus spent about $3 million on software development on top the G1000. The presentation is vastly improved over standard G1000NXI in pretty much every area. Unlike Mooney/Cessna/Beech, they actually stay on top of G1000 software updates as opposed to being 8 years behind. That is the biggest reason not to buy a Mooney. At any moment, it can become a very expensive paper weight without software updates. Not a worry with Cirrus.

As to AOA indicator, I'm not going to get started on that one. I don't need one, but if my head was so far up my behind that I needed one, it would not help. ESP however would. Well, even the best pilots have days when they are not on top of their A game.

And last, a long body Mooney is not a sport plane. It has far heavier ailerons than any Cirrus. Just a lighter elevator, so the control harmony is actually worst than a Cirrus. Want a sports plane, buy an Extra.

The steel cage won't do you any good if you're cartwheeling at 80knots without a proper harness. 3 point harness is fairly useless in that situation.

Just one question.  You're on Mooneyspace why?

• Like 4

Thread seams to be celebrating the issuance of a type certificate for new Mooneys.

Come join the party.  :)

It took 40 years to go by before my M20C was affordable enough for me to buy.

It only took 15 years and an economic melt-down to make the O affordable.

Today is the day I start marking time to acquire an M20V...

Hope Jimmy and David will be around to take in my O on trade that far out in the future...

You never know what the future holds. Stay positive.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 8

Thread seams to be celebrating the issuance of a type certificate for new Mooneys.
Come join the party.  
Hope Jimmy and David will be around to take in my O on trade that far out in the future...
Best regards,
-a-

Can I call dibs on your O?:)

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Best regards,

-a-

Whew!  I'm really glad Mooney finally got their new planes certified, and I hope they sell a bundle of them.  I had a fantastic trip from Santa Barbara to Chicago a couple of weeks ago in an Acclaim.  I make 245 knots or greater most of the way, and had another great adventure stopping in some new unexpected places for weather issues.  But, even after 3 years, the still unbelievable panel and its capabilities in my airplane will prevent me from even considering any other plane, Mooney or Jet.  What will the future bring this Friday when Garmin makes its new product announcement?  Another upgrade...??

• Like 5

1 hour ago, carusoam said:

Best regards,

-a-

Positively one of the most insprational dudes on this site. Thanks Anthony- I needed a little today.

• Like 1

Congrats to the folks in Kerrville!

Just one question...is there something more to the Ultras other than the fiberglass front cockpit surround and the second door that it took so long to get certified? (I am not claiming any knowledge here...just asking.)

Come on guys. Until Mooney starts selling new planes anywhere close to the rate Cirrus does, Andy can crow, and crow some more. 

The Cirrus is less efficient, slower on 30 more horsepower, and though looks are subjective, is not as handsome as a Mooney.

Everyone knows this.

The engineers at Cirrus had a clean sheet design and over 35 years of newer engineering knowledge to work with, and still could not make a plane near Mooney's performance numbers 'accept' for carrying stuff. Good for them. Congratulations. No more to see here. Move along citizens. 

We as Mooney fans need to hope (pray) that now that the certification has been issued, Mooney sells all the units already assembled, has more orders waiting in the wings, and keeps selling until their next upgrade (whatever that may be). If that doesn't happen.........

Congratulations to Mooney on the achievements. Good luck to the future. I Wish I could buy 10 new Ultras. 

DF

• Like 1

7 hours ago, yvesg said:

Alain, vas-tu garder N59AB au Canada ou bien obtenir un enregistrement Canadien?

For those who don't understand, this is your (free, gratis) weekly French exercise.

Yves

Salut Yves , pour le moment je vais le garder a CYHU mais je vais garder l enregistrement au USA , car il va appartenir a un trust americain . On verra pour la suite . Tu y vois un probleme ? 

Part 2 of french course .

Alain 

7 hours ago, donkaye said:

Whew!  I'm really glad Mooney finally got their new planes certified, and I hope they sell a bundle of them.  I had a fantastic trip from Santa Barbara to Chicago a couple of weeks ago in an Acclaim.  I make 245 knots or greater most of the way, and had another great adventure stopping in some new unexpected places for weather issues.  But, even after 3 years, the still unbelievable panel and its capabilities in my airplane will prevent me from even considering any other plane, Mooney or Jet.  What will the future bring this Friday when Garmin makes its new product announcement?  Another upgrade...??

Don , have you had a look at the G1000Nxi ?

8 hours ago, yvesg said:

Alain, vas-tu garder N59AB au Canada ou bien obtenir un enregistrement Canadien?

For those who don't understand, this is your (free, gratis) weekly French exercise.

Yves

Alors, pas de probleme!  Il'ya quelques Americaines qui peux lire le francais, meme a propos de chose aeronautique!

1 hour ago, aviatoreb said:

Alors, pas de probleme!  Il'ya quelques Americaines qui peux lire le francais, meme a propos de chose aeronautique!

Certains d'entre nous parlent un peu de français. Assez pour avoir des ennuis!

• Like 2

For a $769,000 Mooney I am still more comfortable on my M20J. Mine has roll down shades and a pilot relief tube. Airlines have the shades and the bathrooms for a reason. It would not have cost Mooney any significant money to add this comfort items. After all they would have more use than the extra door or the parachute.

José

• Like 2

I stumbled upon some of Piloto's postings about this in an old thread last night. I'm planning a 6.5hr cross-country and just realized that I'll probably need to pee more than once. So I ordered an 18-pack of Travel John bags that have the gel in them. I was shocked to read about these "relief tubes" as I thought those were Old Pilots Tales; my grandfather, a WW2 pilot, told me about them many years ago but I didn't believe him until now.

Just now, tigers2007 said:

I stumbled upon some of Piloto's postings about this in an old thread last night. I'm planning a 6.5hr cross-country and just realized that I'll probably need to pee more than once. So I ordered an 18-pack of Travel John bags that have the gel in them. I was shocked to read about these "relief tubes" as I thought those were Old Pilots Tales; my grandfather, a WW2 pilot, told me about them many years ago but I didn't believe him until now.

Believe in the @Piloto!!!!!!!